Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 Teryx and I am wanting to install a winch. I haven't seen any posts regarding mounting of a winch on the 2011. Would appreciate any advice anyone could give. Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Go to hunterworks.com He has alot of installation videos dont remeber if he has a winch video though

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am almost positive that the 2011 and the 2010 are exactly the same.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 Teryx and I am wanting to install a winch. I haven't seen any posts regarding mounting of a winch on the 2011. Would appreciate any advice anyone could give. Thanks
Take the front bumper off and the interior center floor cover. Run the short winch wires from the winch to the contactor, mounted on the frame up by the firewall under the hood. Run the long winch wires from the contactor to the battery through the driveshaft area. Run them through a wire loom in this area and zip tie them to the radiator hose tubes so they dont rub on the driveshaft.

·
383 Posts
Take the front bumper off and the interior center floor cover. Run the short winch wires from the winch to the contactor, mounted on the frame up by the firewall under the hood. Run the long winch wires from the contactor to the battery through the driveshaft area. Run them through a wire loom in this area and zip tie them to the radiator hose tubes so they dont rub on the driveshaft.
Agreed. The contactor or whatever it is called under the dash allows it to stay dryer as well as it serves as a power source for other items under the dash so there is no need to run wires to the battery for anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts