Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for anybody out there wondering.. I installed new rear brakes because I have left my parking brake on a few to many times along with some simulated dyno runs that finished my rear brakes off. The job took about $70 dollars in three friction disk along with a gasket and 3to4 hours in labor. Love having NEW rear brakes;) Anybody out there at the end of there parking brake adjustment NEEDS rear brakes. If your parking brake does not hold and your at the end of your adjustment your rear brakes are gone. There are three friction disk.On mine the middle one had no material just metal and the outside disk barely had material on one side and were warped. All the plates were fine. Just trying to pass on a little info. If you have ever run your bike with the parking brake on and your parking brake adjustment is turned all the way in then you need rear brakes. It is actually not a bad job at all.I have seen #'s as high as $600 but if you have any mechanic ability at all save yourself $525 and do it yourself. Anybody needing more info on the job pm me and I will help you out.:wave:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Do you need any special tools? I installed my own dalton clutch kit and had no poblems at all, just had to work my way threw it. If I can install a dalton do you think I can do the rear brake?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you need any special tools? I installed my own dalton clutch kit and had no poblems at all, just had to work my way threw it. If I can install a dalton do you think I can do the rear brake?
No special tools required just a standard tool set along with a 10mm line wrench. It is realy no harder than doing your clutch. Remove your bed then your heat shield (08) then your muffler.. Then rear driveshaft.parking brake cable and rear master cylinder line..next front cover off your diff.. It comes off as a complete assy. If you have anymore detailed questions, Pm me or ask and I can walk you through it. If you have enough mechanical ability to install a clutch kit you can do this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No special tools required just a standard tool set along with a 10mm line wrench. It is realy no harder than doing your clutch. Remove your bed then your heat shield (08) then your muffler.. Then rear driveshaft.parking brake cable and rear master cylinder line..next front cover off your diff.. It comes off as a complete assy. If you have anymore detailed questions, Pm me or ask and I can walk you through it. If you have enough mechanical ability to install a clutch kit you can do this.
Sure would love to see that install on "you tube"!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just for anybody out there wondering.. I installed new rear brakes because I have left my parking brake on a few to many times along with some simulated dyno runs that finished my rear brakes off. The job took about $70 dollars in three friction disk along with a gasket and 3to4 hours in labor. Love having NEW rear brakes;) Anybody out there at the end of there parking brake adjustment NEEDS rear brakes. If your parking brake does not hold and your at the end of your adjustment your rear brakes are gone. There are three friction disk.On mine the middle one had no material just metal and the outside disk barely had material on one side and were warped. All the plates were fine. Just trying to pass on a little info. If you have ever run your bike with the parking brake on and your parking brake adjustment is turned all the way in then you need rear brakes. It is actually not a bad job at all.I have seen #'s as high as $600 but if you have any mechanic ability at all save yourself $525 and do it yourself. Anybody needing more info on the job pm me and I will help you out.👋
I would love to find a video walkthrough of changing back brakes! having a hell of a time doing it myself. Any helpful posts please reply, anyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just for anybody out there wondering.. I installed new rear brakes because I have left my parking brake on a few to many times along with some simulated dyno runs that finished my rear brakes off. The job took about $70 dollars in three friction disk along with a gasket and 3to4 hours in labor. Love having NEW rear brakes;) Anybody out there at the end of there parking brake adjustment NEEDS rear brakes. If your parking brake does not hold and your at the end of your adjustment your rear brakes are gone. There are three friction disk.On mine the middle one had no material just metal and the outside disk barely had material on one side and were warped. All the plates were fine. Just trying to pass on a little info. If you have ever run your bike with the parking brake on and your parking brake adjustment is turned all the way in then you need rear brakes. It is actually not a bad job at all.I have seen #'s as high as $600 but if you have any mechanic ability at all save yourself $525 and do it yourself. Anybody needing more info on the job pm me and I will help you out.👋
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts