Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing I like most is the overhaul of the drivetrain. Having a centrifugal clutch is a welcomed change and no more ratcheting front locker.

·
Registered
139 Posts
All I can say is WEAK!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gonna be even a bigger pig with 4 seats and same engine. FAIL!
Couldn't agree more. Only a 15% increase hp and 1600lbs and barely 8 inches wheel travel, wider and taller. I have a rzr4 and this thing is poor try at trying to compete with it. And it cost the same. Kinda looks like a canned ham too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This thing is going to slaughter RZR 4's way better quality, shorter wheelbase going to handle like a dream. more torque. few mods and they will be sick. you can get them with mods already installed but sure it will be dealer priced:mad: perfect length for whoops:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks like everyone here is still sleeping LOL.

New Kawasaki Teryx4 Official.

2012 Kawasaki Teryx4 750 4x4 First Look - Motorcycle USA
It's not that their sleeping.... Their dead.

It's pretty sad when a Kawasaki unveils a new product, and there's hardly any buzz about it on this site... Just another hint that this forum is near toast.

To bad... Lots of good guys, and good info here. Better community than the other forum too.

I think the new Teryx 4 is Okay. I'm not surprised there's not a large performance increase. I love that they've addressed a lot of the other problems that we all have with the two seater. I just don't understand why they released the 2012 two seater with out some of the upgrades they made to the four seater. They obviously knew there were issues.

Oh well. I'm not likely to buy a bus anyway. But it would be fun once in a while to take some friends along.

Good for the family guys, and they don't really need to be traveling 75 mph with the kids in the back anyway.:93C_peelout[1]:

·
Registered
69 Posts
This thing is going to slaughter RZR 4's way better quality, shorter wheelbase going to handle like a dream. more torque. few mods and they will be sick. you can get them with mods already installed but sure it will be dealer priced:mad: perfect length for whoops:D
Do you think it will "slaughter" the RZR4 before or after the "mods $$$$"?

·
Registered
102 Posts
It will most likely be same or a little faster, WAY better frame and overall construction. But after a few mods look out RZR4 IMHO. but still have not gotten to ride one so just a basis on pictures, videos, and paragraphs from a press release. I really like that is is shorter the the RZR4 should turn way better

·
383 Posts
I like it. I currently have two machines, 2010 840 fully modded, and a 2009 all stock. Good by 09 hello 12 teryx 4 in the spring is all I have to say. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 2 seater Teryx would benefit greatly from the CVT system from the Teryx 4. In fact ALL KAWASAKI MODELS should include the centrifugal clutch for the belt. Only the new Brute 300 and the 2012 Teryx 4 use it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends

First of all, I can't believe there isn't any more talk than there is on here about the T4!:confused: It definitely lives up to the hype.
But to Roo, it depends on where you are riding as to whether it will "slaughter" the RZR4 before or after mods. East coast, without a doubt much better machine than the RZR4. Manuverability and dependability. Enough said. Western states in the dunes and wide open riding, of course the RZR4 stock is going to shine. Just hope it doesn't crash at 15 mph and completely buckle in the middle due to the cheap 2 piece frame as shown in another forum.
They all have their pros and cons. I just haven't really found anything I can call a con on the teryx 4 yet. Maybe that it's a little on the loud side when running a roof:D
Do you think it will "slaughter" the RZR4 before or after the "mods $$$$"?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts