Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a ton of research and comparison, I just recently bought a 2012 Teryx LE in camo. I have never owned a Kawasaki but after comparing all side-by-sides, I liked the Teryx the best. I know nothing about kawasakis so any input or advice to keep my machine running perfect for as long as I can, would be appreciated. I live in Western New York State and am mostly going to use it for hunting and cruising around my property.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Well, after a ton of research and comparison, I just recently bought a 2012 Teryx LE in camo. I have never owned a Kawasaki but after comparing all side-by-sides, I liked the Teryx the best. I know nothing about kawasakis so any input or advice to keep my machine running perfect for as long as I can, would be appreciated. I live in Western New York State and am mostly going to use it for hunting and cruising around my property.
There is lots you can do in the way of bolt on performance that just works.

As far as reliability is concerned follow these simple steps.

Keep a eye on the oil level, I mean check it very often. I will explain below.

Also, don't worry about the warranty, replace the air filter with a billet air filter adapter with a clamp on UNI filter. The stock filter WILL let dirt pass. IF your interested call on this and I will explain how to do this and keep your warranty intact.

Now about the oil issue:

These engines are known for seeping oil from the front and rear driveshaft seals on the engine and even though you may not see it, oil mist will be blown into the plenum then burned. So losing oil is a common condition on these engines. If you keep a check on the oil you will be fine.

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Welcome to the site. :wave:
I have had these 750 Kawie motors since 05. Oil dropping has never been a big issue to me. Oil blow by can be. I have a catch can on one of my motors (built one) and the other I run the oil between 2/3 and 3/4 on the dip stick and never get blow by.
Only leak I ever had was from the stator wire seal That seal is on my Brute Force. That motor is 7 years old and the leak just started.
Dyno with front drive shaft connected can be hard on that seal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I really do appreciate it. Like I said, I know nothing about kawasakis so keep the advice coming. Thanks again!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts