Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going guys, just wanted to intorduce myself. Im out of Corona Ca, and just bought my first sidexside (Kawasaki Teryx). Took delivery of it today, and shipped it off for a new cage and four point belts. Before sending it off, I took it for a little spin. Im coming off a bike, so I know there will be a difference. But somebody tell me what I should do first to uncork this pig. Felt like I was driving a tractor. Hook a brother up, because I need my fix. Thanks

Mark

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
LOL hey there my friend, great to have you with us :wave:

Obviously just based on sheer size the machine is going to feel slower than your 2 wheeler, however, first thing in my opinion is change out that CDI, however, do you have an '09, if that is the case, then that is not an option.

How exactly do you want the machine to perform, what kind of riding do you mostly do?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I agree with everything Todd has in that article...Guess at this point we need to determine if you have a 2008 or 2009 ;)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
LOL naw, I appreciate all the information you share with the members! The whole point to a forum is information, and you are greatly helping in that arena!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 2008. Most of my riding will be done in the dez. Mostly to chase the kids around on there bikes, but I still want my rush! I already have a feeling this thing is going to be a money pit! And I say that in a positive way. I love the dirt, now I just need some speed.
Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way, thanks for the tips. CDI is on the list, and thanks for the write up Hunterworks. At least I have some place to start.
Mark

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I would grab the DynaTek CDI, a Muzzy's exhaust, Dalton clutch kit and OD cover, and you will be feeling pretty good.

Then when you want to break into the motor, get a Four Stroke Tech 840 kit and you will be flying!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sorry that is my fault...that is the over drive cover that allows additional belt travel, thus giving you a higher top speed. Dalton has whole new billet one, unlike others that are just stock pieces that have been machined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts