Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:wave:Great to join the forum, I recently built a Teryx for me and my boy to race up here around the oregon, washington, northern california area. You may have seen my Teryx and the Sand Sports Show this year along with a few of my rails (www.tech3sandcars.com). I am very experienced with all aspects of fabrication including my new 6" over kit for the Teryx but do not know much about the performance side of these engines, I will be leaning on a few of you for some good information.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think I got most of the chassis stuff down pretty good, its the engine stuff I am looking for help. I definitly want to do an 840cc kit, ignition, and clutch kit. I have a lot of header building experience so I may try to tackle that one for the fun. Also I have to ask maybe some silly questions along the way but is there some reason why a dual barrel 40mm downdraft weber hasn't been tried with a custom manifold? Use to have boxes of those carbs sitting around for different projects we had with our sandrail stuff. We use to put dual 40mm on our 1716cc engines that made good HP. I may play with that idea since its about a $300 carb. I want to go race but I want a little reliability for playin on the sand. I may also play with jetting for E85 ethanol , I have done a few fuel injected ethanol motors with great results. I don't know maybe thats what forums are for is to share both ways. :D

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey there my friend, nice to have you with us :wave:

As far as a first mod...I would have to say a Dynatek CDI :)

Muzzys will be the choice for the exhaust and Dalton for the clutch kit :good:

For your jetting, talk to Todd at Hunterworks. Look forward to seeing you around often!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts