Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally in the process of buying a new, hold-over 2008 Teryx. I would like to have the 2009, but $$$ are stopping me.

I have doing a lot of research trying to decide between the Rhino and Teryx. Hopefully, I made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Hi. Where are you located at?

I bought a left over 08. I didn't get much of a deal vs the plain 09. (all most all of the Cnd 08 are plain jane). I want bigger carbs, so FI makes it too expensive. If you are just going to do a few bolt ons, I'd buy an 09. It has lots of nice upgrades over the 08.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm located in North Central Minnesota, Brainerd area.

I'm getting a real good deal on the 08. I'm stretching $$ to afford the 08 right now, so the 09 is out of the question. That's why I'm not doing much to it right now. I normally like to mod, mod, mod my stuff (snowmobile, motorcycle, street rod, etc.).

Oh well, it gives me something to do to it later.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If you want a good gain right off the start, Dyna or VDI CDI and put a $40 steel exhaust tip with the baffle removed. Good gains for the $.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Stretching those dollars....I would go with 08... If'n I did not care about $$$ I would go with the 09. The 09 with the mods...(much more $$$$) is well worth it though, it will eventually be far superior to my

08....:mad::confused::laugh:

Well maybe.......:D

Oh......and welcome aboard....:wave:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DougS,

Thanks for the advice. That's pretty close to what I'm planning. I got in on a tip that Magellan was giving away :yahoo: (I think) and I plan on a CDI and a clutch cover.

I need to do something about the room, too. I'm 6'3" and about 300 lbs :(, so I need to move the seats back a little. I think I'll be looking at a UTV Crap harness bar so I can remove the bottom bar on the cage and then I'll take out the seat belt retractor so I can move the seat back about an inch or two. Eventually I want to put in some new seats. I don't think the stock ones are very comfortable. WOW, it looks like I will be burning through some $$$. My wife will be pissed!!!

Tee-rible, thanks for the welcome. It's a great site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts