Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this world of fun and have had a great time riding so far. I am due for my 20 hour maintenance and when I called my dealer they quoated me 500.00 to get it all done. I think I can turn a wrench myself and save some $$$. I checked out some posts about the 20 hour work and saw a bunch from 2008. Is there much difference from 2008 to 2011? I saw one post where you could buy all the needed parts and fluids to do the work, but, again that was from 2008. Any updates for a 2011? :wave:

·
Registered
199 Posts
That is nuts. Get the stuff yourself...main thing is just change all the fluids, not hard to do, not that expensive. Getting to know how to do it all yourself will save you a lot of money in the long run, I do it mostly by myself..with my bros help...I bought the manual just in case as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sahnny55. I agree, 500.00 was way more than I thought I would pay. I read up on how to do the ois and filter change. Seems pretty easy. I am not sure on the dif fluids and the rear sealed brakes. Any thoughts? And where did you pick up the manual?
Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
You will see some mixed advice on the rear seal brakes, I haven't touched mine on my 2010 yet with 3000kms, some people don't touch them for a long time, some do. Depends if you got caught riding with the park break on...which our models won't really allow us to do.

I'm due to change my front and rear diff though...my bro did it last time but I should be able to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Welcome to the site.
People that touch the rear brake early usually means that they left the parking break on and then went for a ride some time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is nuts. Get the stuff yourself...main thing is just change all the fluids, not hard to do, not that expensive. Getting to know how to do it all yourself will save you a lot of money in the long run, I do it mostly by myself..with my bros help...I bought the manual just in case as well.
I'm looking for a manual as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link. I haven’t ridden with the parking brake on so I will leave that alone for the time being.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what I have experienced with the P.
Is there a better than another place that I should buy the oil and oil filter, air filter and front/back differencial fluids?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Certainly... Do it your self.... It gives you a chance to learn the machine and understand how it works. Once you start to find the weaknesses of the machine, that will help you a lot.

The manual posted above is for a 2008, so the fuel system and cooling system will be different. You can pick up an manual at your dealership... That's where I got mine. Their damn pricey though.

The one thing that you need to make sure you check is your CV boots. When I did my 20 hour service, I had two boots that were screwed. They covered it under warranty though. Also the rear seal tends to leak on these things. If you check that, they'll change that under warranty as well.

All the fluids are super easy to change. Anyone should be able to do it them selves.

Good Luck man, and welcome to the site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts