Teryx HQ banner

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  4x4dad 
#1 ·
Hello to all. Love the site. I need some electrical help now. Just purchased a water temperature gauge and a fuel gauge for my 08 Rex. Paperwork strongly suggests that I install a fuse block for these 2 items. Can I not just piggy-back these 2 items off the 12 volt accessory switch? Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
I just piggy backed my water temp gauge to my head light switch and will be changing it because the gauge only lights up when my headlights are on low beam. I need to piggy back into a wire that is always hot or only hot all of the time when my lights are on. But to answer your question on the temp gauge i think it is fine

#5 ·
I noticed the same thing with the bulb not working on high beams. I went ahead and tapped into the brown wire coming off the cig. lighter for the hot lead and everything works fine. I spoke with a guy from Black Rhino yesterday and he suggested it would be fine but advised on an inline fuse(15 amp). So I will pick those up today and be done with it.

#8 ·
Your right just pick a wire off of the switch that is only hot when the switch is on and I would use a 15 amp in line fuse, some gauges have a separate wire for the light on the gauge and you can run that off your head or tail light wire or you can wire it up all to switch and gauge lights will be on all the time really that is up to you if it even has a separate wire no big deal. Also welcome to the site there are alot of great people on here that really go out of their way to help people, so in a few cases when I can help I try to since I have been helped so many times myself, WELCOME AGAIN

#9 ·
Thanks BigDaddy. You are right about the people helping out. A lot of info on this site and the members are willing to help a newbie like myself. Maybe one day, I'll be giving advise(it will not be electrical). If you need advise on beer, then I'm your man.

#10 ·
Welcome to the site. Allot of good people here willing to help any way they can . :00000004[1]:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.