Teryx HQ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the Hi/Lo kit from Nightowl on my 08 Teryx. Seems relatively simple, but I have a couple of issues. First of all, due to the difference in plug styles, the boot on the back of the bulb no longer seals the bulb from the elements. Is this normal? Won't the moisture kill the halogen portion of the bulb relatively quickly?
Also, the HID's light when my dash switch is set to low beam, and the halogen's light when the switch is turned to high beam. This is backwards from what I would expect. Is this normal, or did I somehow get something reversed? I double checked the plug I was warned about in the instructions (Step #7/"wedge" clip orientation), and it is correct.
Finally, there is a statement in the instructions regarding a metal shield that is not applicable to this kit, but all I've noticed is a rubber grommet which seems inapplicable. Is there a use for this grommet, or can I remove it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can answer one question, Yes, the HID's keep the high beam halogen and replace the low beam with the HID. So this is why your HIDs light on low and halogens on high.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm installing the Hi/Lo kit from Nightowl on my 08 Teryx. Seems relatively simple, but I have a couple of issues. First of all, due to the difference in plug styles, the boot on the back of the bulb no longer seals the bulb from the elements. Is this normal? Won't the moisture kill the halogen portion of the bulb relatively quickly?
Also, the HID's light when my dash switch is set to low beam, and the halogen's light when the switch is turned to high beam. This is backwards from what I would expect. Is this normal, or did I somehow get something reversed? I double checked the plug I was warned about in the instructions (Step #7/"wedge" clip orientation), and it is correct.
Finally, there is a statement in the instructions regarding a metal shield that is not applicable to this kit, but all I've noticed is a rubber grommet which seems inapplicable. Is there a use for this grommet, or can I remove it?

You can reuse the boot just cut it to fit around the ring of the bulb and it will stretch out a bit to fit. Our Hi/Low Kits are a true HID Hi/Low not halogen/HID.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts