Teryx HQ banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 teryx with about 50 hours on it. We went on a trip and it was running like crap of decel and at qtr throttle. Backfiring popping etc. Ran fine at idle and fine at WOT. Thinking something was clogging the carbs I tokk them apart and main jet was clear, pilot jet seemed to have a bit of obstruction so I cleaned them real good. Put it all back together same issue. Thought maybe its my cdi box. Changed back to factory one same issue. So then I thought maybe its water in the gas (damn ethanol) so snce it was just about on empty anyway I dumped in 3 gallons of fresh fuel and bam seemed like the problem was fixed. In nuetral you can rev all through the rpm band and sounds anr respons good, BUT NOW under load (in gear) it seems to have no power.. like you can only reach about 20mph. High or low. Put it I neutral and revs right up. I checked every connection, carb boots etc and all seem fine. Its like I solved one issue and created another.

Changed the plugs and that didnt help either I dont know what else to do? Fuel filter is fine, fuel pump seems to be working. What can I check?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This may not solve your problem, but when you clean the carbs also take off the tops, remove the diaphram, make sure that little hole on side where there's a very small bushing is clear. I had that block on some brutes and it won't let the slides work right

1 - 2 of 2 Posts