Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my Teryx into the garage on Sunday and all was fine. I tried to start it on Thursday, and it's a no go.

When I turn the key, there's power to everything, the dash lights come and the fuel pump engages normally, but the starter doesn't seem to even make a noise.

I tried boosting it and nothing. I changed the Battery and still nothing. I can't figure out why this would just happen out of the blue.

Anyone got any ideas what could cause this?

I really want to go riding on Saturday.

·
383 Posts
Is your shifter linkage in neutral with the green neutral light on. If not press the brake pedal to start, but adjust the linkage before you ride or you could screw the tranny up. Sorry that's all I got for now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your shifter linkage in neutral with the green neutral light on. If not press the brake pedal to start, but adjust the linkage before you ride or you could screw the tranny up. Sorry that's all I got for now.
Thank, but that's were I started. I tried fiddling with the shifter in neutral and I tried putting in each of the gears with the brake on but nothing.

It is just like it's in gear though. Exactly the same thing. That what gets me. I"m just not sure where to start.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I figured it out. Really dumb. My MSD plugs were hooked up tight, but there was a loose conection I guess.

I unplugged it, and hooked my cpu up dirctly, and it started. I plugged the MSD back up and Vrooom!.

So, I'm good to go into the Interlake Swamps today. HAHOO!!!

I was getting a little worried for a while. Look out mud, Here I come!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I figured it out. Really dumb. My MSD plugs were hooked up tight, but there was a loose conection I guess.

I unplugged it, and hooked my cpu up dirctly, and it started. I plugged the MSD back up and Vrooom!.

So, I'm good to go into the Interlake Swamps today. HAHOO!!!

I was getting a little worried for a while. Look out mud, Here I come!
I got the same problem on my Teryx. I checked all of the wire harnesses and connectors but no luck. Also, when I turn the key, there's power to everything. Can somebody provide with the ingnition switch diagram so I can trace the wires and determine where's the defective part, open line or possibly lose wire? Any help will be more than welcome. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts