Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can those running snorkels tell me if it reduces noise in the cab area. if so is it a significant reduction.
Thanks Mitch

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm about to do this this weekend so I cant say for sure how much it does, but the stock intake is right at the vent below the shifter. Moving that to under the hood will definately make a difference. I just cant say how much yet.

While i have all of my interior plastic off, i'm adding press and seal to any spot i can, add some mass and insulation and it will help with the noise as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about to do this this weekend so I cant say for sure how much it does, but the stock intake is right at the vent below the shifter. Moving that to under the hood will definately make a difference. I just cant say how much yet.

While i have all of my interior plastic off, i'm adding press and seal to any spot i can, add some mass and insulation and it will help with the noise as well.
what is press and seal? i am really interested an any sound deadener or absorber anyone has found that works and holds up

·
Registered
9 Posts
its a poor mans version of dynomat - find it in the roofing section at Lowes

google it - i cant post links yet.

Cant use it really close to the motor though because its asphalt based and will start to smell if it gets too hot.

Line anything under the seats with it - battery compartment, around gas tank wherever. I even did the bottom of the air box. For the rest of the stuff, im using the spray on rubberized undercoating.

I'm working on quieting mine down this weekend.
My plans are:

line with press and seal / undercoating.
snorkle belt intake (not exhaust)
add rear dust shield and line under seats with pond liner plastic
remove roof

·
Registered
9 Posts
And back to your original question about the snorkle - I think the exhaust snorkle behind the seat will actually be louder. To get it quieter, you would have to exit at the roof level for the snorkles. I dont want to do that so I'm only going to do the intake for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And back to your original question about the snorkle - I think the exhaust snorkle behind the seat will actually be louder. To get it quieter, you would have to exit at the roof level for the snorkles. I dont want to do that so I'm only going to do the intake for now.
Thanks for the info. i am going to keep researching options. i could always wear ear plugs but i dont want to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finished up all of those projects this morning and took it out for a spin this afternoon. Noticable difference in noise level inside the cab (roof and half windshield)

Much easier to talk to the passenger and I spent about $75 total for all of the projects and that includes ordering the dust shield online. Well worth the investment and the day to complete it all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finished up all of those projects this morning and took it out for a spin this afternoon. Noticable difference in noise level inside the cab (roof and half windshield)

Much easier to talk to the passenger and I spent about $75 total for all of the projects and that includes ordering the dust shield online. Well worth the investment and the day to complete it all.
thanks for the update still havent decided what i will do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts