Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all from East TN! I've ridden ATV's for well over 10 years and my current ride is an Arctic Cat H1 TRV. Seems like the TRV kills my back and shoulder anymore - rode a Teryx and I'm hooked! Now I'm trying to decide what SXS would best suit my needs, mostly play and a little work. I've looked at all of them but keep coming back to the Teryx. With the rebates that are out now, I can get an 09 LE for 1K less than the price of a base 2010. Are the advances in the 2010 worth that? I like the old body style better!

Hopefully riding in a new toy soon!!!:wave:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like the looks of the 09 which I have BUT I really wish the hood would open. For a couple of reasons why, I was installing a temp guage yesterday and had to pull the hood off and it is a btch when you have added hid lights that had short wires not to mention I had them all zip tied. Also if you ever have to add water it is a btch to get to radiator cap. Also the 10 has a better cooling system. These things seem to run on the hot side a little especially if you do any big bore kits. So if you can stand the ugly looks of the 10 hood (black looks like it hides the ugly the most) then I would get 10 unless you want to save the $$$ and have a better looking ride.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i would go the '09 route. take the extra grand you saved and buy exhaust and msd....the hood problem is a pain, but there are ways around it...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just pic what Hood you like best... HaHa. Can't go wrong with a Teryx... We have done pretty good with them and it is the Ride of choice by most everyone here, Me personally I would even take an 08 there is no limitations to these motors these days, just the wallet...Oh and Welcome to the forum your going to love it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you like the 09 better save the grand and go with it, I think I am in the minority that actually likes the 10 hood but it did take a bit to grow on me. I have an 08 and go up to Coal creek OHV alot, use to be wind rock. If you can ride through the week would love to have you ride with Magellan and I when we go. I live over near Sevierville.

Rusty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts