Teryx HQ banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had seen that people had been getting up to 69 mph with the teryxs and they had done the same work as i had to my 2011 teryx and i only got 59 i dont see how im that far behind i did the msd muzzy dalton clutch od plate the belt and air filter, i got everything fron Todd and im very happy with everything i just dont understand how its off by 10 mph can some1 help answer this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the stock half windshield roof and 26 inch tires. it is hitting the rev limiter at 59 mph just like it did befor i put everything on and then the top speed was 51 i have the msd at 5 is that the possible wrong one?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i have the stock half windshield roof and 26 inch tires. it is hitting the rev limiter at 59 mph just like it did befor i put everything on and then the top speed was 51 i have the msd at 5 is that the possible wrong one?
LOL, we goofed. Sounds like it didn't get programmed or you have it on the wrong # on the screw.

We would just simply need to e-mail you the file, really easy to install

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just wanted to see what it would do on 6 and it goes 69 now i didnt run it much like this not knowing if it would hurt any thing will it todd?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
well i just wanted to see what it would do on 6 and it goes 69 now i didnt run it much like this not knowing if it would hurt any thing will it todd?
I don't know what is on 6 but I know it is not right for your mods.

#6 on my file is a std bore kit, way too much fuel for a stock motor

E-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you the map. I won't see it until Monday but I will send it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry for the highjack. Never hit the rev limiter on my bike ever. Honestly never really checked how fast she goes. I've had the bike to the pin and I'm nowhere near 69mphs. 2010 rex with goodies as listed with the signature. Oh sorry not Zillas on right now but 27s XTR wides.

Hey Todd,

What the proper way to adjust the throttle linkage?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Sorry for the highjack. Never hit the rev limiter on my bike ever. Honestly never really checked how fast she goes. I've had the bike to the pin and I'm nowhere near 69mphs. 2010 rex with goodies as listed with the signature. Oh sorry not Zillas on right now but 27s XTR wides.

Hey Todd,

What the proper way to adjust the throttle linkage?
I normally take cover off side of throttle body and mash the gas to floor then see if there is left over slack on the throttle plates then if more than slight movement I adjust the cable right there on the front of it where the cable goes in.

Todd

·
Registered
177 Posts
I normally take cover off side of throttle body and mash the gas to floor then see if there is left over slack on the throttle plates then if more than slight movement I adjust the cable right there on the front of it where the cable goes in.

Todd
OK this would be the black hour glass looking cover I assume. I've never messed with throttlebodies for fear of messing things up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That is correct

Also, what is your exact speed?

Tire size?
Roof?
Windshield?
85km/hr (not miles)

27" Mudlite XTR wide wide
Roof Alum. EMP
Half windshield/ shorty top winshield. I would say 45% of a full.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
That's about 52mph and that is way off, you have something going on.

Those tires, windshield and roof will account for about 3-5 mph so if you was going around 62 I would say normal.

Better call me and let me grill you!! LOL Actually I will have to ask you a series of questions then make some suggestions.

First one I would check if you have not already is to see if your throttle is correct. Take the side cover off throttle body, mash gas to floor and see if there is some slack, a minor amount is normal but if you can turn it another 1/4 turn or more then it needs adjusting.

Also is it running out of power or hitting a rev limiter?

Call 601-771-0070
Todd

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's about 52mph and that is way off, you have something going on.

Those tires, windshield and roof will account for about 3-5 mph so if you was going around 62 I would say normal.

Better call me and let me grill you!! LOL Actually I will have to ask you a series of questions then make some suggestions.

First one I would check if you have not already is to see if your throttle is correct. Take the side cover off throttle body, mash gas to floor and see if there is some slack, a minor amount is normal but if you can turn it another 1/4 turn or more then it needs adjusting.

Also is it running out of power or hitting a rev limiter?

Call 601-771-0070
Todd
I would say running out of power. It has never hit the rev limiter. Now not sure if MSD bypasses that but even when I didnt have the MSD it was the same. I do have snorkles. I have never taken off the intake one and run it. I will try that.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I take off my windshield, put on stock tires, have no roof. I have dalton clutch, msd, overdrive plate and muzzy and hit 67 mph (dont like staying there because im on the pavement and just dont trust any atv tires at that speed and i dont have the oil stop kit) I also have the uni filter

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oh one more thing. When i did my valve adjustment i found that i was not getting all the throttle and made the adjustment and have not tried to see if it goes faster now than 67mph but i bet it would get 68 or 69 now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Still waiting to test mine out completely. I got up to 98KPH with Todds Maps and STD MUzzy's. Didn't have an OD plate but I'm putting in my new clutch soon from VFJ. A buddy roasted my belt so I sent the clutch to John...then find out...

"this is the worst case I have ever seen the teryx sheave. it was super heated from the belt and literally melted a groove right thru the sheave. I have attatched the picture.

to repair this it needs a movable sheave and the bushing in it (they come with no bushing)

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I thought it was just the mud caked on it. once cleaned off. it's clearly cracks and the sheave melted thru. I have NEVER seen this happen before. that had to be one tough stock belt to do this!!"

Will be getting it all fixed up next week.

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/Vforcejohn/?action=view&current=be2f9899.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts