Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hope I did something wrong... but I just put a MSD ignition/fuel controller with uni filter and plenum ring with billet overdrive clutch cap and clutch kit.I also removed the muffler tip. I went from top speed of 52 mph (speedo) to 56 mph (speedo):(
I set the msd max rpm to 9200/75 mph and cut map 3 advance curve to map 4. set the msd to map 4. Odd I never felt I hit the rev limiter.:confused:

·
383 Posts
Odd I never felt I hit the rev limiter.:confused:
Do you feel a difference in the bottom end and acceleration or not. It appears that you setup the MSD properly but I would think that a stock motor with the O/D cover with stock exhaust will have a hard time hitting the rev limiter at 9200, since the cams are not making any power that high and the overdrive cover is lowering the rpms making it harder to rev out. My machine hits the rev limiter at 9200 rpm at around 74mph on the speedo, and a stock motor won't/can't do that kind of speed. What clutch kit with what setup do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sorta think the bottem end is a little better. Not alot if it is. I was thinking 60 mph ish. Not a gain of 4 mph. :( I was told with the od cover that 60 should be possible. I do think it has better off throttle then back on performance if you know what I mean

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I sorta think the bottem end is a little better. Not alot if it is. I was thinking 60 mph ish. Not a gain of 4 mph. :( I was told with the od cover that 60 should be possible. I do think it has better off throttle then back on performance if you know what I mean
Some one over sold you on that,you won't see any real seat of the pants power until you get a pipe.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Do you feel a difference in the bottom end and acceleration or not. It appears that you setup the MSD properly but I would think that a stock motor with the O/D cover with stock exhaust will have a hard time hitting the rev limiter at 9200, since the cams are not making any power that high and the overdrive cover is lowering the rpms making it harder to rev out. My machine hits the rev limiter at 9200 rpm at around 74mph on the speedo, and a stock motor won't/can't do that kind of speed. What clutch kit with what setup do you have?
Ding ding ding...we have a winner...

I agree with this post...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, I hope I did something wrong... but I just put a MSD ignition/fuel controller with uni filter and plenum ring with billet overdrive clutch cap and clutch kit.I also removed the muffler tip. I went from top speed of 52 mph (speedo) to 56 mph (speedo):(
I set the msd max rpm to 9200/75 mph and cut map 3 advance curve to map 4. set the msd to map 4. Odd I never felt I hit the rev limiter.:confused:
OK, here is were I truely have a problem with vendors.. This is were you get into the 5hp chrome valve valve cover thing.:laugh: Your MSD is going to help with timing and fuel curve. Your UNI will help too. BUT if your engine isnt breathing properly with a full exhaust then you shouldnt expect big gains. Every performance mod co-insides with another. For power you need your engine to breath. You also need proper timing and fuel curves and clutching. If I would have done my 840 BBK with out exhaust, intake, cams, and clutching I would have been really disapointed. Just saying for performance gains you have to look at the whole picture to see results. If I was a vendor I would never recomend the MSD without the Muzzys. The fact is unless you put a full exhaust in you will see nominal gains. The funny thing is that is what an 08 will do with just the Dynotech CDI with no other mods. :rolleyes:Put a full exhaust on and then you will see the difference. :wave:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well then the mods aren't a waste. They just need another one to really show there benifits. My goal is 60+. will the Muzzy's put me there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was the data I was going by:

STOCK 2010 Teryx
51 MPH top speed ......... 7200 RPM
200ft time - 37 MPH @ 6.10 sec
400ft times - 45 MPH @ 9.62 sec
700ft times - 49 MPH @ 14.39 sec

added MSD on advance map 3 and fuel map 4
58 MPH top speed ....... 8300 RPM
200ft time - 38 MPH @ 6.02 sec
400ft times - 46 MPH @ 9.51 sec
700ft times - 51 MPH @ 14.20 sec

added DASARACING over drive clutch cover
60 MPH ........ 7400 RPM ....... all 200,400 and 700 ft times were the same as above.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
This was the data I was going by:

STOCK 2010 Teryx
51 MPH top speed ......... 7200 RPM
200ft time - 37 MPH @ 6.10 sec
400ft times - 45 MPH @ 9.62 sec
700ft times - 49 MPH @ 14.39 sec

added MSD on advance map 3 and fuel map 4
58 MPH top speed ....... 8300 RPM
200ft time - 38 MPH @ 6.02 sec
400ft times - 46 MPH @ 9.51 sec
700ft times - 51 MPH @ 14.20 sec

added DASARACING over drive clutch cover
60 MPH ........ 7400 RPM ....... all 200,400 and 700 ft times were the same as above.
You should be seeing the same as above ...... i have done about 10 cars now personally with this setup. Something else maybe going on? or you have a friday car? If you look the gains by adding MSD only are mostly TOP SPEED gains.

Here is where the BIG jump came in

ADDED .... Dasaracing pipes and Dasa fuel curve .... UPDATED
65 MPH top speed .......
200ft time - 5.43
400ft times - 48 MPH @ 8.67 se.
700ft times - 55 MPH @ 12.74 sec.

·
Registered
375 Posts
well then the mods aren't a waste. They just need another one to really show there benifits. My goal is 60+. will the Muzzy's put me there?
My 08 with CDI muzzys and EPI clutch kit with NO overdrive would do 60. So with Muzzy and overdrive I would say you will be around 62 - 65 mph. Just for reference my 840 top speed is only 75mph.. But I get there real fast:D The clutch just runs out towards the top. I would look more at the time it takes you to get there rather then top speed to judge your mods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what Dragon fire says. Stock with msd is 60 mph:mad:

Dragonfire Team Green MSD Teryx
DragonFire has partnered with MSD to bring the DFR Sport Teryx ignitions to market. Similar to the MSD Charges capabilities the DFR Sport controller can change fuel and timing throughout the rpm curve, as well as bringing almost 10 HP gains throughout the rpm Range and increase top speed. Teryx top speed on a stock vehicle is now 60 MPH

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
The most i could only get 58 out of any stock car with msd ..... that thing is reving to the MOON TOO. That is where the over drive cover came in.

stock with MSD
58MPH at 8300 RPM

stock with MSD and over drive cover
60MPH at 7400 RPM

·
Registered
375 Posts
:rofl[1]:
This is what Dragon fire says. Stock with msd is 60 mph:mad:

Dragonfire Team Green MSD Teryx
DragonFire has partnered with MSD to bring the DFR Sport Teryx ignitions to market. Similar to the MSD Charges capabilities the DFR Sport controller can change fuel and timing throughout the rpm curve, as well as bringing almost 10 HP gains throughout the rpm Range and increase top speed. Teryx top speed on a stock vehicle is now 60 MPH
I have heard there nickname is Dragon Liar:laugh: Seriously dont be fooled with all the HP #s some of the vendors throw at you. It is just not true. I have found on here at least Mickey at FST , DASA , and Todd at Hunterworks shoots it pretty straight.. Now throw them all into a ring together and it would be a royal rumble:rofl[1]:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should I check something out? What? I have read everywhere that the Teryx is hitting 60 with less mods than I have. And by the way Steve @ DASA thank you for helping me over the phone last week (set up my MSD). Your the man. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Should I check something out? What? I have read everywhere that the Teryx is hitting 60 with less mods than I have. And by the way Steve @ DASA thank you for helping me over the phone last week (set up my MSD). Your the man. :)
You are exactly were you should be with the mods you have. What type tires are you running at what air pressure? These factors all come in to play. Some speedos are off more than others. I have seen people post on here that they were running 68 to 70 with just exhaust. The fact is if you raced them you would be right there neck and neck even though your speedo is reading 57mph. The only thing I am thinking is your speedo is correct.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My speedo matched my brothers stock 2010 rzr very closely. I have ss108 wheels with 26 in. ITP Baja cross tires at 11 psi all the way around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My speedo matched my brothers stock 2010 rzr very closely. I have ss108 wheels with 26 in. ITP Baja cross tires at 11 psi all the way around.
OK like I said , your speedo sounds correct for what mods you have. The people that say they are doing 60plus with the same mods are either lying or there speedo is off. When you put your Muzzys on and you adjust your MSD to the exhaust you should be able to outrun a stock RZR and should be able to come real close to a RZRS .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope so. I got smoked and He thinks I am stock performance wise. 4 lengths at 50 mph.:eek:wned1: Thanks. The muzzy's must really wake this thing up to make up the difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hope so. I got smoked and He thinks I am stock performance wise. 4 lengths at 50 mph.:eek:wned1: Thanks. The muzzy's must really wake this thing up to make up the difference.
I have an 09 with only a MSD and Muzzy Pro and I hit 63mph with it the one and only time i tried it.. Im pretty sure i can hit 65mph on a straight away. I hit 58 mph with my MSD only before the Muzzy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts