Teryx HQ banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
We always tell people if the MSD is all you do don't expect just a whole lot, the timing above 7000 rpm helps some and the air/fuel is not off so bad from factory to make a real difference.

It is just the place to start your mods, the addition of the Muzzy pipe will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have 09 teryx,msd,muzzy,overdrive plate, uni filter dalton clutch kit. And remember that all the people that are hitting 67 and 68 mph are running STOCK tires and rims and have no windsheild installed and have the tires inflated properly. Me, i see 67 mph on my speedo with half windsheild. When i do this i have no passenger but some added weight such as the SDR rear bumper (about 20 pounds) and i put my stock tires on to accheive this speed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an 08 and my spedo is off by 4MPH from GPS.I always use the same streach of dirt road to test on to keep all of my mods on a level feeling ground>butt dyno<I trust gps speeds they are way more acurate down to 10th of a mile and they are within 1 MPH of radar.Plus it records top speed so you dont have to stare at the spedo.... safety first.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I bought my 09 stock it would run 51 mph hitting limiter hard, bought MSD from Hunterworks in stall it alone and ran 63 put Muzzy on and new Muzzy map from Hunterworks and ran 65mph picked up loads of power and the sent my clutch to vforce john and got his mod then ran 68mph all of these speeds were on factory speedo. Steve at dasa and Todd at Hunterworks has as much dyno time with the MSD as anybody I would listen to them , I am sure other good maps are out there but them work for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hear is the big ?????? What size tires are you running if your running 28" tires never will you hit 9200 without engine mods.
Night and day diff from 26 to 28.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your right but I think its like someone said earlier with Todds maps he moves the limiter to 9200 and I don't think a stock machine will hit 9200. I know mine with 26" tires I ran out of motor before I hit the rpm limiter and with bigger tires it will drop rpms even more but yes tires can make a big difference, bigger tire will also slow your speedo down also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2010. Put on the MSD, redid the intake with a K&N and took off the cover on the filter. Also put the billett tip on. Got to 56 MPH. Then I went in and turned the speed limiter up to 100. I now do 60. The number three and four programs dont change the speed limiter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I have the Itp bajacross 26 in tires and 11 psi in them. I am on map 4 set up with 9200 rpm and 75 mph max. I have the green dot in the MSD view software showing I am on map 4 and I cut and pasted the ignition curve from map 3 to map 4 and just to be sure I cut and pasted the fuel map from map 3 to fuel map 4. I ran it today no one in the teryx with me and using gps I ran 55 mph. 56 mph on speedo. I did not get to the rev limiter and think I just ran out of hp. I ran it three times and hit 56 at about the same spot on the road. I Think the muzzy's must make a huge difference to bump up another 5+ mph. Thanks guys for all of your thoughts and wisdom:)

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Well I have the Itp bajacross 26 in tires and 11 psi in them. I am on map 4 set up with 9200 rpm and 75 mph max. I have the green dot in the MSD view software showing I am on map 4 and I cut and pasted the ignition curve from map 3 to map 4 and just to be sure I cut and pasted the fuel map from map 3 to fuel map 4. I ran it today no one in the teryx with me and using gps I ran 55 mph. 56 mph on speedo. I did not get to the rev limiter and think I just ran out of hp. I ran it three times and hit 56 at about the same spot on the road. I Think the muzzy's must make a huge difference to bump up another 5+ mph. Thanks guys for all of your thoughts and wisdom:)
When we did the testing on the muzzy it went from 0-51 mph in a little over 12 sec to little over 8 sec. Big improvement.

Our 09 with msd, muzzy, od clutch plate runs 67-68 and gets there quickly.

In our cross country racing people think we are cheating by having a engine kit

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
When we did the testing on the muzzy it went from 0-51 mph in a little over 12 sec to little over 8 sec. Big improvement.

Our 09 with msd, muzzy, od clutch plate runs 67-68 and gets there quickly.

In our cross country racing people think we are cheating by having a engine kit
Thats exactly what mods I bought and exactly what results I got as for as hp the Muzzy was huge the MSD got a little hp but mostly top speed like the clutch work on stock machine, I am doing a lot engine mods where I am assuming the clutch work will gain the hp.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thats exactly what mods I bought and exactly what results I got as for as hp the Muzzy was huge the MSD got a little hp but mostly top speed like the clutch work on stock machine, I am doing a lot engine mods where I am assuming the clutch work will gain the hp.
The clutch will put the hp were it needs to be. The ideal clutch setup will keep your rpm at peak hp point through your shift points. VFJ's clutch kit did a very good job with my engine mods. Now I am am sure I could probably squeeze a couple more hp out if I was on the dyno tweeking my clutch set up. The fact of the matter is the clutch system for a Teryx loses about 35% hp through its drive system. I would love to see Honda's big red transmission setup on the Kawi because it is much more efficiant.

·
Registered
Teryx4 2019 , Alba flash ECU light bar mod lights rear HD bumper Boss radio,RPM /temp gauge horn
13 Posts
the best way you can raise your speed is flaching your computer , it does not matter how many things you do to the engine, the ECU will not let it go more than 49 mph,I did get my ECU flash nothing else was done to the engine and top speed is 62 mph on GPS the spido is off 2 to 3 mph ,that will be for the 2012 to 2021 I do not know for t4 before that .
flashing is to get a new map for you ecu ,that will change the way your ecu manage your engine, the reason your t4 does not go over 49mph is that is limiter set on the ECU ,no that the t4 can not do over 49 mph, my does 62 mph on a gps and is stock ,the spedometer is off 2 to 4 mph, the same than the RPM and diferential all are controled by the ECU you can spend alot of money on extra parts an all you get is go from 0 to 49 mph faster, I send my to alba racing (Team Alba Racing - ATV Racing Parts & UTV Performance Parts) go to there website and check on it, I got a used ECU for $250 and keep the original just in case,( a new one is about $700 ) is been working great, I use my t4 on the street too, I added horn, turn signal and got the tag so I can use it on the stree is better than have to trailer it to the trails and it realy work great, if you going to get an used ECU make sure it will work for your year and model
have fun😀

21 - 33 of 33 Posts