Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make a suggestion to new owners, check your belt deflection the day you get it home, it's a easy check. I had a lot of problems in the first 10 hrs with belt light coming on and getting stuck with no wheel spin, finally smoked it good so torn everything down to replace the belt and found defection to be at 38mm and should be 22-27mm. Put new belt on and checked again, deflection was still at 34mm, had dealer remove a shim and now is at 22 on new one and 26 on old one. Tried to get them to warranty the first belt do to deflection being so far out, no luck. Oh well, it's like a completely different machine now, wish I would have checked first. Hope this saves someone a belt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where can i buy a Belt Deflection Gauge?? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You dont really need one, can just use a rod of some kind and mark slack and remark after pushing it down through the inspection cover and then measure the marks, I think Hunterworks has a vid showing on here somewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I checked mine today and its at 39.2mm!! wow I guess thats bad... should be 22-27mm.. I guess you have to remove some shims to adjust it?

Edit: I forgot to mention that there was a bit of belt dust in there too, I'm at 20 hr.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's way out, if you havn't had your 20hr service yet change out your belt and check deflection with a new belt on, leave it all apart and take it in for service and get them to take a shim out if needed. It will save you 3hrs labor if you have everything apart already. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ya i already did the 20 Hr service my self. But why would i put a new belt in then bring it to the shop? or did i miss understand you? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts