Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has had this problem or know what i can do please help.....
I have a 09 teryx with 29-30 hours on it and it runs fine shifts fine but when i leave it idling for more than a minute or two in gear it starts to make a real high pitch squel sound,, does it even quicker in reverse and is louder,,, but doesn't do it in neutral.. Is it something to do with my clutching or belt? i've never had the belt to slip with me and it shifts fine but could it be the belt is a lil loose and that in gear the pulley is slipping just enough before lockup and is making a noise... Anyone with any help please let me know.. Everything is stock on it but wheels and tires..

·
Registered
526 Posts
I will second that. If you ever go into the cvt and work on it you will see and understand how the cvt system works and understand what the squel is, but dont worry about it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same noise when I first got my 09, and the dealer said it is best if you have some squealing noise when idling in gear, as well as a little grinding when put in gear, this means the belt deflection is set properly. Because of the weight of the teryx belt deflection is very important on this machine, the belt on my teryx is making less noise since I installed a Dalton clutch kit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm glad my squeal is normal. Its freakin annoying as all get out. I have been looking at the dalton kit as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Totally normal, just bottom of belt rubbing a little. Either put it in neutral or go.
DITTO . Mines been that way since new . 230 hours now .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts