Teryx HQ banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new battery in my Teryx.

I took the stock battery out and there's a couple of bracket that are bolted down to the Battery tray. I pulled them out and that made enough room to stand the Odyssey on it's side on the factory battery tray.

The holes where the brackets were bolted down are threaded with an M8 nut, and are just wide enough to fit the battery between.

I bought a 3ft chunk of 8mm ready rod from a hardware store as well as a few hex nuts, washers and a pair of Wing nuts.

The Ready rod was cut down to 8.7 inch lengths. I put two nuts on one end and locked them together. Then I threaded them into them into the bracket holes in the battery tray and tightened them down.

I dropped the battery in and hooked up the leads. The factory lead ends work, but you have to flip them over. Would probably look a little more professional if you changed them, but you don't have to.

I fashioned a "hold down" out of a piece of 1/4" X 1.5" flat bar cut down to 8.5" long. With a folded up layer of flooring underlay between the hold down and the battery, (had no rubber). Then I tightened down the wing nuts.

Was pretty simple actually.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finished product.

I hope this helps someone with their install

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Finished product.

I hope this helps someone with their install
I think I'm doing mine this weekend. Kind of had the same idea in mind.Did battery man them in stock? Install looks good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, they were there. Tell him you got quoted $200, he'll match it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
102 Posts
The point of this thread it that you don't have to spend a bunch of money to mount this battery. It's expensive enough as is.

All you need is some threaded rod, some nuts and a piece of steel (cost me $15.00). Not a hundred bucks in parts and shipping costs.
true, but $40.00 bucks for a solid mount is cheap when your already in there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true, but $40.00 bucks for a solid mount is cheap when your already in there.
If you don't have to pay for shipping from another country.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I installed 2 odyssey's with fuel atv bracket and love my set up. The bracket he has is awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts