Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am fixing to do my 50 hr oil change am thinkin of going with amsoil what weight of oil do u recommend i found a amsoil fluid kit it comes with
4 quarts 0W-40 Formula 4-Stroke (AFFQT-EA)
· 1 quarts Hydraulic/Tractor Fluid (ATHQT-EA)
· 1 WIX or Amsoil full flow Oil Filter
is this what i need to run i was thinking 10w40 but this is whats in the kit for 52.00 suppossed to be enough for front and rear diffs to.any recommendations would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
hi i am fixing to do my 50 hr oil change am thinkin of going with amsoil what weight of oil do u recommend i found a amsoil fluid kit it comes with
4 quarts 0W-40 Formula 4-Stroke (AFFQT-EA)
· 1 quarts Hydraulic/Tractor Fluid (ATHQT-EA)
· 1 WIX or Amsoil full flow Oil Filter
is this what i need to run i was thinking 10w40 but this is whats in the kit for 52.00 suppossed to be enough for front and rear diffs to.any recommendations would be appreciated thanks
That is the exact kit I am going to buy for my 50 hours oil change. I think you can maybe exchange the 0w-40 for 10w-40, but I think its a couple bucks more.

·
Registered
282 Posts
check with az_amsoil on here...he is a dealer and will get you the right stuff!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
amsoil what do you recomend that a man buy from local store on motor oil, front end oil and rear diff.

·
Registered
258 Posts
amsoil what do you recomend that a man buy from local store on motor oil, front end oil and rear diff.
I recommend Amsoil :D...The most available oil would be Mobil1 4T (not Mobil1 for automobiles). This goes in the motor and the front diff. As far as the rear, you need a wet brake compatible hydraulic/transmission fluid. Local tractor supply stores carry it and I think NAPA does too. You might have to buy a 5 gallon pail of it though. You MUST insure it is not straight hydraulic fluid!!! It is way too thin and will destroy your diff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Or you could go to your Kawi dealer and ask the parts guy to sell you the exact Kawi oil and filter they use for the 50 hour oil change. This way its on record you used the correct oil if there should be a warranty issue down the road. Thats what I did!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would not run a 0-40 .. The 0 is the weight of the oil.. The 40 is what weight the oil acts like with the additives in the oil.. Well ,guess what happens when your oil begins to break down from use, heat ,and time? It goes back to its true weight wich is 0... Amzoil is fine not knocking it.. I would not run that weight of oil.. 15w40 or 20w50 depending on summer (15w40) winter (20w50)..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would not run a 0-40 .. The 0 is the weight of the oil.. The 40 is what weight the oil acts like with the additives in the oil.. Well ,guess what happens when your oil begins to break down from use, heat ,and time? It goes back to its true weight wich is 0... Amzoil is fine not knocking it.. I would not run that weight of oil.. 15w40 or 20w50 depending on summer (15w40) winter (20w50)..
Mmmmm...just a bit of clarification here. The "0" in 0W/40 is its "winter" rateing and has not a thing to do with its viscosity

Amsoil 0W/40 Formula Four Stroke has (as per ASTM D-445) a viscosity of 14.7 cSt (high temp viscosity is measured in centi-stokes...cSt) which puts it firmly in the 40wt viscosity range.

The winter (W) or cold weather rating uses two measurements called Brookfield cranking viscosity and Brookfield pumping viscosity, both measured in units knows as centipoise. (cP) These tests measure the oils resistance to flow at increasingly lower temperatures for each winter rating.

Being a full synthetic (PAO/Ester based) 0W/40 Formula Four Stroke flows incredibly well at low temps and easily aces the Brookfield pumping tests for a "0" winter flow rating...but it is a 40wt oil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts