Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just tried to T into what I thought was a pressure sensor, but I guess it's not. Does anyone know where I can T into for a oil pressure reading? I bought a cheap set of gauges from AZ and would like to make them functional.

Rex is an 08

Brad

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Todd for the link to the other posts. Wish they had some pictures up. I'm thinking of giving up at the moment. Found in the service manual at 4K RPM the oil pressure should be 62.4 PSI. I know this gauge set I got is cheap for a reason & I don't really see it handling these types of pressures for what it's worth. Would have been fun to see the data though.

Brad

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think that if you find any kind of oil pressure gauge that will screw into the oil pressure fitting port then you should be able to use your gauge but I don't know if there is some kind of calibration to go with the gauge because you are using an electrical sending unit???

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive been wanting some gauges ,just temp,batt, and a tach do they have to be for the teryx or can i just get um from summit and make um work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ Jr, this is a cheapy set with a mechanical gauge

@ Kenny, the temp & voltage are easy, but the tach is a bit more involved. I've been looking at the Vapor computer by Trailtech. Looks like a nice unit. Plus it has a speedo & odometer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i put a vapor on my 450 r and really like it its really easy to hook up. i kinda want to keep my factory dash .and can do with out the tach mainly want temp and amp gauge .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the functionallity of the Vapor. I need to find a vendor here that carries them & the mount. Would like to get it in black/stealth if possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts