Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to do the simple (?) mods, basically... 1. CDI 2. AIR BOX and 3. MUFFLER.
What suggestions (guess I'll get a few?) do you have for me. This is the process I thought I would go from - Do the CDI (Dynatek nonprogrammable), then the muffler (slip on exchange) and then the AIRBOX CARB kit from HNTERWKS. The reason I am asking is because these will probably be done several weeks apart from each job, wonder if I should expect problems...if I just don't do them all at the same time. Haven't made my mind up on the muffler yet, I am sure it will just be the slip on not a full exhaust change, probably will get the GIBSON, I wonder if anybody has done these same three?
I know this is probably a silly dumb question, but any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to do any damage by having higer RPM's and not enough jetting adjustment or air flow and exhaust flow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have'nt done any thing to the motor on the teryx yet, but my Prairie 700 has the Dynatek cdi, HMF slip on pipe, Twin air filter and I rejetted with what HMF recommended. I also have had the clutch rebuilt and lightened, running a red EPI spring. Those mods really brought the Prairie to life. On the Teryx all I have done so far is put GBC dirt tamers on moto ally wheels, added a winch and put EPI springs in the drive and driven pulleys. Right now my belt deflection is just a hair on the tight side ( alittle chirp when idling) I'm waiting to see which pipe will make good power without being overly loud. Hope this helps a bit, there are plenty of people on here that can give first hand info on what they have done.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I think you have the right idea...CDI first. The slip-on you may or may not be aware will likely give you a different sound, however, not sure if you are going to see that much performance gain from it. You will likely not have to mess with the jetting when you do the CDI, however, obviously any airbox modification will require it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess what I was thinking was that somewhere I had read when someone replaced their CDI there was jetting issues, and same with the exhaust - that they then had to do more adjustments?

RAM what part of Indiana are you? Princeton here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We live between Mt Vernon and Evansville, in the St. Phillips area. Did you see my post about the DNR opening the Interlake riding area on Aug. 23? Thats not too bad of drive from Princeton. Maybe when they get it open we could meet there and do some riding, Most of the guys I ride with are still on fourwheelers, thats why I will probley keep the Prairie for a while.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yee-haw, got the CDI in, about a 2 minute job. :DGot the carb kit from HUNTRWKS, guess I'm gonna go ahead and do that today too! Rode for about 2 hours, no problems or issues yet.
On the stock digital speedo got to 59mph, I can really tell the major difference in the quick pick up now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
get some clutch work done and sh'll do 70

1 - 7 of 7 Posts