Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on this group has ever had a utv in the bed of there regular size pickup truck with the tail gate down. And pulled a trailer? My trailer has a jack 10" behind the ball hitch, My question is will it hit the jack on the tail gate when I make a sharp turn. I'm picking up my buddy tomorrow and this question just pop up. Waiting to here your opinions--Larry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can't do it without damage. I did see a guy use a hitch extension like the lance camper guys do when pulling a trailer. He was pulling a small light weight utility trailer.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
That is a question that will vary from tailer to trailer and truck to truck will it work some will some won't you are just going to hook it up to be for sure and get someone to watch while you make hard turn, I have a friend that had a trailer that had a gate on the front that would let down onto the tailgate of the truck and you could drive onto the trailer and up the gate and into the truck and then raise the gate back up on the trailer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great idea just back of one onto the other. I seen ramps that had a bow in them, I betch that's what there for.--Larry

·
Registered
35 Posts
Livy, I can do it with my trailer but my jack folds parallel with the groung when not in use. I could easily do one in the bed and one on the trailer. I just wouldn't want to turn too sharp or jack knife backing up!

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you have a long box and a long enough tongue on the trailer you should be okay. I have had mine in both Chevy and Ford long box's and I could pull my small utility trailer no problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Livy,
I own a 2007 chevy crew cab with short bed dura max. I have put my Teryx in the back of my truck and my buddys Rhino on the trailer many trips. They actually load easier from the trailer because the ramps are at a much lower angle for loading. I have made close to a dozan trips doing this and my tailgate has a very slight bow to it but you woudl have to look for it. My buddy has a F250 that the tailgate is destroyed from doing this and he will not haul his this way at all anymore. There is no problem with power, I normally pull a 40' toyhauler, this is a piece of cake. If you want to do this alot I would add a piece of diamond plate or just steel to the tailgat to beef it up and add the cable supports to give piece of mind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the reply We did in fact pull this way with no problems Thanks to all for replying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts