Teryx HQ banner

other mods during belt change

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris Haynes 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am about to crack into the cvt to change the belt. It is a '08 teryx with only 2100 miles on it, and it is my first time doing this. While I am in there are there anyy mods that I should do? I would hate to do all this work to change the belt and find out later that I shouold have done something else while I was in there.

thanx,
Mark

#2 ·
Yes pull you clutch off ans send it to V force john. Foe the stage 3 mod and springs. Cuts your OD plate & sheave angles for better belt grip also lighter. Runs cooler also mods spider gears. 3 day turn around. First thing I done to both my rex's tell him I told you..

#3 ·
You could put a Dalton clutch kit in and a Hunterworks overdrive plate in.

The clutch has the springs and adjustable weights for putting the power to ground quicker and harder. Better belt engagement which means longer belt life and the overdrive plate for higher top speeds.

My personal experience with machining the sheave itself sends it into a severe state of over drive and causes a bog that shows up on the dyno and you can feel it on the road.

We have been selling the Dalton kit and overdrive plate for several years and so far no one has complained of anything. You can do the install yourself and less money that the other method.

Plus I am here on the forum and a phone call away if you need help.

Todd

#4 ·
You've ridden it for 2100 miles without changing a belt or wrecking anything else. Obviously you don't mind riding it the way it is, so just change the belt and set the deflection and continue on your way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.