Teryx HQ banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
so what is the normal operating temp of these machines? i think i will put a gauge on it. what about a different temp relay like from becool and adjust it so the fan comes on sooner? or am i not thinking right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I wonder if that aluminum fan that Muzzy sells is worthwhile? I plan to talk to them at Dunefest next week.
I was riding in the desert this past weekend and outside air temp was only about 85 or so. I also have the Muzzy alum fan upgrade installed and I ran hotter than normal. I noticed my fan was coming on more than usual. It also melted the lower corner of my plastic schroud below the drivers seat. Just above my heat shield. I am not low on coolant, but now I am thinking about getting some of this engine ice or water wetter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Desertdog615 has the right idea, if your fan is cycling okay, you may need to add one of the aftermarket coolants, do make sure all your connections are good and tight, there have been some complaints about loose connections. I ride with a group that mostly consists of Prairies, Brute Forces and Teryxs, Some seem to naturally run alittle hotter than others, but it seemed that once you got some time on the engine it helped.
I run Engine Ice in mine, but I'm sure any quality coolant will work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
engine ice

ive ran engine ice in my yz450f for a couple of years, i ride and race desert as well as dune riding and have no problems with overheating like the stock coolant. my '09 teryx gets driven hard at dumont and glamis and have had no problems with overheating. a buddies '08 boils over pretty easy at the dunes. if i had problems i would run engine ice. zip ty racing also sells a waterless coolant, ive heard all kinds of good stuff about that from other desert racers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have any of you had a problem with the Teryx getting too hot? I'm not talking about heat in the cab, that is solved by removing the windsheild. I am talking about the engine overheating. This weekend, I was riding in the river bed at about 3/4 to full pedal for about 30 min. or so, when I happened to look at the digital dash, and the temp symbol was blinking on and off. I slowed down to about 20mph for about 5 to 6 min., and it went away. I don't know how long the indicator had been blinking, but the coolant tank is full. The outside temp was 102 Deg. F, but I had only been riding hard for around 30 min.
Jay, Post who you talk to and give us thier answears when you can, I put the Muzzy fan on mine just cause it came with the kit and figured Oh well I paid for it, Why not? . The instructions were poorly done, But the average guy should not need instructions to put this on The fan has six blades compared to about 10 or so on the stock fan and it call for a spacer configuration that simply wont work. They also recomend it because of heat melt down. Which I feel they stole from thier motorcycle write ups as this is not close to a header like it would be in a H20 cooled bike.
Have any of you had a problem with the Teryx getting too hot? I'm not talking about heat in the cab, that is solved by removing the windsheild. I am talking about the engine overheating. This weekend, I was riding in the river bed at about 3/4 to full pedal for about 30 min. or so, when I happened to look at the digital dash, and the temp symbol was blinking on and off. I slowed down to about 20mph for about 5 to 6 min., and it went away. I don't know how long the indicator had been blinking, but the coolant tank is full. The outside temp was 102 Deg. F, but I had only been riding hard for around 30 min.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts