Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have performance parts added to my stock 09 sport. It can be expensive though. Im not looking for the all out teryx but just some small performance mods.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch kit help.

I would like to know if it is worth getting a clutch kit for my 09 teryx sport. If i should get one what kind should i get and is it easy to install myself. It is a completely stock teryx.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's worth getting a clutch kit anyway, but if you are planning on engine mods or bigger tires, it's a must.

Go with the Dalton... It's adjustable and you will never need another one. Other kits are specific to certain mods, tire sizes and riding conditions. Each time one changes, you need a different kit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks im planning on keeping the tires stock. I would like some more low end acceleration.:) could i easily install it myself?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and like if i rode on my farm it would be fine but like if i went to land between the lakes where there are large hills and mud would i have to adjust it everytime?:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
You should have no problem doing it your self. It takes longer to take all the body parts and fuel tank out than to actually change the clutch cover.

The riding conditions that will affect you are more related to elevation and heavy mud.

·
Registered
983 Posts
msd and a dasa billet overdrive cover .... will remove the stock speed limiter, stock rev limiter and allow the car to now go 60PLUS MPH. Plus these are the first mods you will need once you decide to get pipes or any other mods. Its the ground work for all future mods.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How much for those parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 09 Teryx with the MSD and airbox. Looking to use the Hunterworks, Billett OD Plate with bearing.

Anyone have this overdrive plate? If so, whats involved with installation and can I expect for performance?

My goal is more about reducing top end RPM's, but I understand there's a MPH or two to be gained as well.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have an 09 Teryx with the MSD and airbox. Looking to use the Hunterworks, Billett OD Plate with bearing.

Anyone have this overdrive plate? If so, whats involved with installation and can I expect for performance?

My goal is more about reducing top end RPM's, but I understand there's a MPH or two to be gained as well.

Any thoughts?
There is a video on the site to show you how. Gains are 4-10 mph and you surely get the RPM drop mentioned.

All the machined clutch covers are gonna do the same thing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I got my Hunterworks Billet OD cover Friday, installed it Saturday in a couple hours.

Videos we're helpful although didn't need to remove nearly as much body panels, but I think they were removed in your vids for other reasons. But none the less helpful.

Works as advertised. Nice RPM drop, and a 4 to 5 MPH bump. Just purrs at 45 to 50 MPH cruise with 5 MPH left over for top end. Even at top end the engine isn't screaming like it was.

Works well with the MSD.

Nice MOD guys! Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts