Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old age and injuries have forced me to give up my Can-Am Outlander and buy a new Teryx (2011 leftover). I ride with my adult children and teen age grandson. They are pretty good about riding at a pace I feel comfortable with, but the future looks more like my going to the trails with them, but probably riding my own side-by-side friendly trails at my own speed.

What I am most interested in now is finding a good, center mounted rear-view mirror. By good, I mean one that is not subject to brush-off, doesn't vibrate excessively, and has a good field of rear-view vision. When I picked the machine up the tech said he thinks I can find one that mounts solidly to the two front cage uprights, but he didn't offer where that might be acquired.

I have reviewed a few conversations about mirrors, and will continue to do so. But, I am also inviting any information that you experienced Teryx riders can offer. Thanks in advance.

·
383 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I just explored the Axiaalloys website. It looks like your mirror must be the one with the 6" long arm. Is this correct. The front cage bar is too far back on my Teryx to mount a mirror directly to it.

By the way, the description of your machine indicates you are pretty serious rider. Unfortunately, riding trails are very limited in NY. I am a member of a nearby NY club with about 90 miles of farmland trails, and another club near Rutland Vermont with mountain trails. But our best riding is the long weekend we spend in New Hampshire riding Jericho State Park, Milsfield trails near Errol, then Sunday AM up Mount Washington.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the Kolpin that clamps to the top bar, it always falls off no matter how much I tighten it down. I have even used double sided tape before clamping it down, but it still loosens up. I believe the billet one is going to be my next investment. I know it is more money than Kolpin, but is worth it in not having the aggravation of catching your mirror as you are going down a trail at 40.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered and received the Axia Alloys 9" mirror with 6" extension. It fits and looks great. I haven't tested it on the trails yet, but I'm confident it will hold up fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts