Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the compressor installed & lines plumbed. I think it turned out pretty slick. Lemme know what you think.

I purchased the Viair 280C 150 PSI Compressor & VIAIR 1 Gallon Air Tank. I made a simple bracket to mount the compressor on & bolt it to the firewall. I also bent a simple bracket to mount the tank, it fits nicely behind the radiator fan & between the frame rails. Air hose couplings were installed under the dash, on the driver & passenger side. I will be adding 1 more coupling possibly & line it out the rear somewhere, have'nt looked under there yet, but hopefully there won't be too much interference with the exhaust etc.

The tank is kinda cool 'cause it comes with a pressure switch that turns off the compressor when the tank is filled. I just wired up a toggle switch on the dash to turn it on & off.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like it good work! Something to think about on the line going out the back, be careful of the heat from the exhaust on the poly lines they don't do so well with heat...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it good work! Something to think about on the line going out the back, be careful of the heat from the exhaust on the poly lines they don't do so well with heat...
That's what I am worried about, when I install the new exhaust I'll get a better look at what I'm up against.

·
Registered
780 Posts
you can either get some of the high heat lines or get some of the thermal barrier heat tubing ( think aluminum like convoluted tubing)

looks good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tested it out today by letting all the air out of the front tire, took about 18 seconds to get it up to 12psi. I thought that was pretty good (of course that was with a full tank).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts