Teryx HQ banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on the fence about getting some Pitbull tires. Want to run 27.5 on 14's but want to know what you guys out there with them think of them. I am liking both the Growler and the Rocker, mostly trail ride but like hill climbs and we get lots of sticky mud and muskeg around here. Any thoughts between the 2 different treads? Was told the Growler is their mud / snow tire and the Rocker is the rock climbing / hill climbing type of tire. The Rocker looks more aggressive, want to know what you guys who have them or seen them or have buddy's who run them. Want to order some up pretty soon so any help or thoughts on helping the decision process will help me out, just can't decide what to pick. Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't ridden the growler or rocker in the mud yet, but PitBull donated tires to every one of my trail guides for the UTV Rally, and the resounding impression was that they were much more grippy than the the bighorns and bajacrosses most folks had on their machines to begin with. They also said they rode great on the road...very smooth surprisingly. Jim from UV Country said he couldn't barely get them to break loose on his modded Teryx when compared to his Bajacrosses. Bob, even though this isn't necessarily great, was flying through Fins N things on the sand, and because they didn't break loose he ended up high siding his Prowler and laying it on the side. But, he didn't complain...he just said they grip tons more than his original tires. On the rocks, they work simply amazing, both when dry and wet. We got some rain during the event this year, and although Moab rock is very sticky to begin with all the guides said they noticed a drastic increase in tire grip. Hope that helps...we'll be testing them in the mud later this month.

Chris

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize they are heavy and have been told that a few times now but need a good tire that will hold up! I have been running the XTR's and traction is good but I don't think they are heavy enough to handle the weight of a side by side. I find that the sidewalls are not strong enough and keep getting pinhole leaks in the front tires sidewalls, figure it is from cornering and they are maybe rolling over onto the sidewall. Also I have to keep them up above 10 psi otherwise I tend to pop them off the bead, I know that the 14" rim is not helping them stay on the bead but you would think that they should handle it. :confused:
If any one out there has any other tire recommendations that have worked out good for you let me know, want at least a 27" tire to go back on, maybe going to go back to the factory steel wheels with big mud tires? Don't know which way to go yet. Need a good traction tire, this I do know!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ive tried both the growlers and rockers. I liked the traction a little better with the growlers in light snow, slick trails. In deep snow they both worked great, by far the best snow tires ive ever tested. The growlers I had were 6 ply and the rockers were 8 ply. I gave the growlers to a buddy of mine with a rzr and he loved them with no issues. Ive had no flats with the rockers, both ride excellent. Considering the wieght of the teryx, I would go with the 8 ply rockers with a wide rim guard. I beleive they were going to start producing the growlers in 8 ply with the rim guard also, but not sure on that. Never ran in much mud but as well as they did in deep snow I would think they would be great in the mud also.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks XCHAMP,
I am thinking about the Rockers, probably going that way but waiting it out this week to see what I convince myself of. I thought they were all 8-plys but will have to re-check. Thanks again!

·
Registered
318 Posts
My buddy has 26.5 rockers on his rhino and they actually measure over 27, I have mud lites and he goes thru stuff in 2wd that I have hard time in 4, I will own a set of rockers as they are by far the best all around tire I have ever seen, plus they look bad ass

·
383 Posts
Hey Junior, let me know which pitbulls you go with (you know you waaaaant it) and how they work for you. I just bought some 28" zillas and T-7 beadlocks, but the tires may find themselves on my other rex eventually.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jeremy, where'd ya pick up the T7's?? Did you get a decent deal on them? I am looking at a set of these and likely the Pitbull's

Junior!! Where are you looking at picking the Pitbulls up if you go that way? Might get a better deal if we are buying a couple sets. I may also buy a spare front and rear too.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can get through a few different suppliers, just not sure what size I want and which ones yet, if I go for the 27.5 on 14's they should be out now. Need to get some tires ordered up next week because got da itch now!!! Let me know if you want and I will order some for you, probably going to order a few extra sets in to sell at the tire shop just for fun!

·
Registered
235 Posts
PM me what you think you can do on them and we'll go from there. I am gettin the itch too lol but I do still have a Cummins to rebuild. It got put on hold after buying a couple more trucks lol.

·
383 Posts
Jeremy, where'd ya pick up the T7's?? Did you get a decent deal on them? I am looking at a set of these and likely the Pitbull's

I got them from Rapid Revolutions in edmonton 780-455-7553 ask for Kevin. You might be out of luck on the T-7's though, I think he said that they were discontinued or at least with his supplier. I bought the last five for $115.00/each :smiley_chicken: regular price is almost $300.00/each. :D

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Kevin at Rapid Revolutions is a good local supplier to deal with.
Mention the Outlaws ATV club and his pencil gets a little sharper.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to order the Pitbull Rockers on Monday, if anyone out there in Alberta wants some send me a PM and can probably get the price late Monday or Tuesday, this goes for anything that they make, trucks included! Don't know any costs yet but have to do it and keep looking at them and thinking and looking and thinking, it has to stop... Will do the best I can on pricing for Alberta TeryxHQ guys. Have a great weekend! :wave:

·
383 Posts
Hey Junior I would like to order some but I had better put some mile on these new Zilla's first. Will have to hold off for awhile. Thanks anyway's, I will try the next go around. Unless I beat them up to bad at Rob next weekend!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts