Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone im having a problem believing im the only Teryx owner that has had a problem with the poorly designed factory air filter.

Can i get a (so called) show of hands of who has had problem with this filter design.

Myself i had four hours riding. The first 4 hours i rode a new unit i bought last feb. and the filter got so dirty, dirt found its way past the poorly designed filter that just pushes against the airbox and filled everything with dirt. Now with 48 hours on the unit i cant ride more the. 5 hours on a fresh oil and filter change without burning over 2 quarts of oil. At that time i had read about the clamp on conversion and bought one from Hunter works but was too late, The damage was done. I have talked to kawasaki america and there telling me that they have never recieved complaints about this at all.
I dont buy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I trashed the factory air filter before my first real ride. I bought a uni with a billet adapter. I have never seen a factory air filter that was worth a crap on a utv or a atv.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a crap design, and there is no way they are not aware of the problem..

3 rebuilds under warranty.... I'm scared every time I start it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts