Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, but here goes. Should I be able to push my bike in neutral with no belt on it? I smoked my belt on the last ride we went on. Drove it back to the trailer, drove it off the trailer and parked it. Went to back it up the next morning to get it ready to tear it down to change belt and clutch kit, and it wouldn't move. It would rev up and just kind of bounce back and forth like it was stuck. Hooked up another 4-wheeler and tried pulling it backwards and it wouldn't move. It seemed like it would go forward, but I didn't have any room to try. So I went a head and took the primary and the belt off were it sits. I tried moving it by hand just to see if it would, and nope, wouldn't move. Any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would try jacking it up and getting all 4 wheels in the air, then try spinning each tire to see were its hung up. You may just have one broken CV or a bad front or rear diff. This should help norrow it down. If the tranny's in nuetral and the brakes off it should roll

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you need to get rid of that POS and get a RZR! I know you have a hard on for those!!!!!:redneck:
haha funny guy. I jacked up the rear and tried to spin the tire. It barely rolls then stops. Both shafts are turning. I can hear in clanking inside the motor when it stops. I looked a little close, and the seal around the front shaft where it goes into the diff is no longer in the diff. Just sitting around the shaft.

·
Registered
42 Posts
also check the trans linkadge to make sure it didn't come loose, I have heard of guys having problems there. I would get all 4 tires in the air at the same time and see if you can isolate what turns and what doesnt. I would also pull the rear drive shaft and see if the diff spins OK, the check the tranns. you need to eliminate whats not broke. hope this helps, Wayne

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have narrowed it down to the front diff. I had all four wheels off the ground and was trying to turn each one when I looked real closely at the seal where the shaft goes to the front diff and noticed it was just sitting on the shaft. Not good. How it came out, I don't know. The diff was bone dry. My bike stays in 4wd all the time for some reason after I did the snorkels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts