Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the Power Steering Kit for the Teryx?

Anyone have any issues with them?

Thanks - Ryan

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think that if I would have had the power steering kit on my Teryx I would not have broke my hand when I hit a rock in the trail. the steering wheel jumped and spun and did not care one bit that my hand was resting inside of the steering wheel. Dislocated 2 finger snapped the birdie finger(the bone that you see in the top of your hand move when you move the finger up/down). Surgery, 4 screws, a titanium plate, and 3 months of therapy... Some day I hope to be able to afford power steering and I will, but until then I have learned to keep all hands and fingers only on the rim of the wheel.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap with the rock 1Txn . Keeping your fingers out of the wheel in any offroad machine should be something everyone needs to know ahead of time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know to keep the hands out of the wheel(been 4 wheeling most of my life), I just got lazy in a section of the trail and was talking to my passenger and then all of a sudden the teryx found a rock at about 20 mph that just took us both by surprise.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats the first thing i say when i teach a new duner,,,thumbs on the outside..frrekin hurts ..as far as the p/s ...get it its awesome..my wife has bad wrists ,,the are fused she loves it!!! one handed duning is a breeze...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, sounds like everyone that has it, likes it. Might be my next mod...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would not own a Teryx without the Unisteer PS Unit. I have had one on my 08 and 09. I have gotten the first brain box wet and it had to be replaced. On my 09 and the replacement 08 brain box, I sealed all the seams with liquid electrical tape and no more water issues. I would definitely seal it though, Todd at Hunterworks told me to seal the first, and I did not, and guess what.... he was right.

Here is the youtube video where after I splashed down through the stream, brain box got wet and stopped working.
The splashdown is at the first of the video.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbJsMXyub_I"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

I video taped the Unisteer PS installation on my 09. Here are the links to the video. I hope it gives a good representation of what is involved. It is not that hard to install yourself, but it takes some time.
Part 1 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SezUF1jjcTM"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Part 2 [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_VL2PtbF1M"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Power Steer

Once you drive a SXS with Power steering you'll never want to be without it. It takes the suspension and steering feedback right out of the steering wheel. You'll not notice it after you've driven for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I would not own a Teryx without the Unisteer PS Unit. I have had one on my 08 and 09. I have gotten the first brain box wet and it had to be replaced. On my 09 and the replacement 08 brain box, I sealed all the seams with liquid electrical tape and no more water issues. I would definitely seal it though, Todd at Hunterworks told me to seal the first, and I did not, and guess what.... he was right.

Here is the youtube video where after I splashed down through the stream, brain box got wet and stopped working.
The splashdown is at the first of the video.
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

I video taped the Unisteer PS installation on my 09. Here are the links to the video. I hope it gives a good representation of what is involved. It is not that hard to install yourself, but it takes some time.
Part 1 YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Part 2 YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
They seal the ECU box good now, we are not having anymore issue with it!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Power steering ordered... can't wait to install!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Been selling them since they came out and they have rare issues and I love it on my Rhino.

If I had kept my Teryx I would power steering on it, my mechanic bought mine and after driving my rhino he wants it bad!!
Why did you decide to keep a rhino over a teryx. What was the pros and cons of the two machines? Just curious :confused:

·
383 Posts
Hey guys. I just finished installing my power steering, and have not rode it yet. Took it out in the back alley for a feeler. It feels wierd? like it isn't there until you turn and then you can feel it kick in and all is good. Is this normal or not. I am not sure if I am describing this very well hopefully you understand what I mean. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hey guys. I just finished installing my power steering, and have not rode it yet. Took it out in the back alley for a feeler. It feels wierd? like it isn't there until you turn and then you can feel it kick in and all is good. Is this normal or not. I am not sure if I am describing this very well hopefully you understand what I mean. Thanks guys.
It will take some getting used to. You are in for a treat!!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Are you talking about a delay?

When your going straight it does not do anything

1 - 20 of 41 Posts