Teryx HQ banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got Powermadd's new windshield on the way, I have been talking with Randy at Powermadd for the last several months, and they have finally got their windshield developed and Randy was kind enough to sell me one of the first ones. As soon as I get it on I'll post some pictures, The people at Powermadd are top notch and I'm looking forward trying the windshield out, I'll keep everyone updated.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Interesting, I will be interested to see it. Is it a full or half? If full, does it fold?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a half windshield, and its molded like a snowmobile. On Powermadds website they have a picture of the one they make for the Rhino and RZR, check it out. I really have no idea what the one for the Teryx will look like, but I will post pictures when I get it. Stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hopefully they improved it from the Rhino version. A friend had one at Dunefest, and he hated it, it was flimsy, vibrated terribly and was more or less useless. His words not mine, so don't shoot the messenger, (although it didn't impress me looks wise either) :confused:

Its a half windshield, and its molded like a snowmobile. On Powermadds website they have a picture of the one they make for the Rhino and RZR, check it out. I really have no idea what the one for the Teryx will look like, but I will post pictures when I get it. Stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope I don't have that problem, your friend needs to contact Randy at Powermadd and tell him the problems he is having. They seem very interested in what everybody thinks of their products and welcome feed back. I've been talking with him for several months about the windshield for the Teryx, and in fact they are sending me the first clear one for my Teryx. I'm waiting on UPS right now, as soon as I get it installed, I'll try it out and let everybody know. Don't worry I won't pull any punches, if it is'nt what I expect, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I got Powermadds windshield and put it on, I've not tightened everything up yet, its late and I have to get up early, I thought it best to wait till tomorrow to make the final adjustments. First impressions are it seems a little thin, but how thick most windshields are I'm not sure of. I do like the shape of it, it is different than a normal flat windshield, and seems to have a little distortion, but then again, I need to ride with it on. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them to see what everyone thinks.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Hey I took a look at them and wanted to ask you...how rigid is it, does it seem flimsy?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll measure it tomorrow and tell you exactly how thick it is, personally I kinda like the look of it, and most of the riding we do is lower speeds, due to being mostly woods. I will get it out in the open and see if it vibrates. My wife wears contacts and I was looking for something that would help her with that, she"s not to crazy about wearing goggles all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
powermadd windshield f teryx

can u post the adrees where shows the picture for the rhino a rzr powermadd windshield??? I checked powermadd home page and did not find it !!! I really will like to see how it looks on those 2 so i can imagine how is going to look in my teryx !!!
tks .... Jr

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I'll measure it tomorrow and tell you exactly how thick it is, personally I kinda like the look of it, and most of the riding we do is lower speeds, due to being mostly woods. I will get it out in the open and see if it vibrates. My wife wears contacts and I was looking for something that would help her with that, she"s not to crazy about wearing goggles all the time.
Ya throw them up here, I would like to check it out.

can u post the adrees where shows the picture for the rhino a rzr powermadd windshield??? I checked powermadd home page and did not find it !!! I really will like to see how it looks on those 2 so i can imagine how is going to look in my teryx !!!
tks .... Jr
Here it is on a Rhino:

Here it is on a Rzr:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hang on guys, I will post pictures tomorrow as soon as I can. It looks real close to the one on the Rhino, except its clear. We like to run the woods at night and I was'nt sure about the tinted one. To me it kinda fits the the look of the Teryx and the tinted one would probably look good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
distortion and thinness were my friends biggest complaints, all those bends add distortion and thinness made it vibrate so bad you could not look through it. It also developed a couple cracks over the course of the week. I just hope the Teryx version works out better :)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ya I am interested to see what they came up with.

The one thing I am curious to see is how rigid the screen is, wonder how much flexing it does.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I know we may be rushing you 'ram04' but how the windshield??? Really want to get one ordered up here soon but don't know who's to get??? What's the skinny on the windshield - vibrating, good, bad, ugly, awesome - need to know. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, heres the pictures of the windshield, I really like the look of it, but the distortion is pretty bad, I'm not sure if I could ever get use to it. We rode around the yard, but I would hesitate to take it in the woods. The people at Powermadd have been the greatest and I hate the fact that this isnt what I expected. The thickness is approx. 0.122 and I can't say whether it would vibrate or not. Again just my opinion and I am not putting this windshield down, its just the type of riding we do, I don't believe I could get use to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ram04 - windshield looks like it fits real nice and would be good for high speed runs, but I see what you mean by distortion through the windshield right in front of you. May be hard on the trails especially following ruts. Keep us updated! Thanks for the info and pictures.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I doubt that there will be any updates, I took it off this morning, going to some friends property and do a little riding today. 90% of the ground is woods and I did'nt feel like looking thru that all day. I'm going to contact Powermadd and see if I can return it, if not, I know where you can pick one up cheap.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As shown in the images above, they are unique. Maybe the radius incorporated in these shields would provide added strength and allow for a thinner material to be used?

Maybe if they increased the angle of the cage back, kicked the bottom of the shield forward and the top of the shield back the next Batman movie would have a BAT-TERYX :laugh::D

Interesting new design for the Teryx.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, looks wise, they have it down, I just was'nt prepared for the distortion. If we had more fireroad and other open type riding, I would give it a try, but we have mostly woods, and like to ride at night alot, and I'm not sure I could get use to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts