Teryx HQ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new here and have a question about flipping your Teryx.

Have you ever? What were the conditions causing the failure?

I have been watching YouTube and see people flipping their cars left and right. Sometimes to cheers and applause. The thing is... It seems those folks are easily pushing the car beyond the limits normal use. As a matter of fact, it seems as though abusing their car is the main intention.

I am looking to trail ride with my wife and son (he's almost nine) and I'm not looking to put us in any danger or try anything risky with them in the vehicle. We are in our late 40s and have never been thrill seekers (other than riding a Harley).

I just don't want to dump this thing over with my family in it. I have purchased the utvma rear seat and rops extension for the back. I know it's not a roll cage, just a protection system.

We are just looking to have fun and not get anyone hurt. Any help or shared experiences would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Donuts are easy to lay it on its side. It can be sliding good one second and hook up the next second. Other than that, if you've never driven a sxs or offroad much, you'll be surprised how low the center of gravity is. you have to be leaning pretty far for it to tip over. Unless you are one of those inexperienced guys that just ignorantly takes risks LOL, I'd assume you'll back away from something long before you were actually in any danger of rolling it. The fact that you are asking makes me think you'll be just fine, honestly don't worry about it.

Did you buy an older teryx 2 seater then? and have added a rear seat and cage extension? I think its probably a good assumption that is less safe and probably a little more top heavy than a factory 4 seater teryx, but still I wouldn't be worried about it at all. Going too fast on tight trails and hitting a tree might be more likely than rolling it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. That was the info I was kind of looking for. I ran across a good deal on an 08 model. We've been out once to a mud running place with the little Cabela's back seat installed. I quickly purchased the utma rear seat with cage.

I'm feeling pretty good about it after your comment.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those mud places like that always worry me for this reason, you can't see how deep or how steep it is under the water, so you don't really know what you are getting in to. it could be easy to tip over especially if you are going in or out of the mud hole at an angle. I wouldn't be worried about tipping over, but in water I am, especially with kids. If you are under water, or under muddy water (even if it is shallow) it could be really disorienting and a kid especially could just panic and not know how to get unbuckled or whatever. Not to mention their arm, or your arm could be pinned under the cage. You could literally drown in 12" of water LOL. Not the kind of depressing info you probably wanted to hear haha, and I've never heard of it so it probably rarely happens, if at all really. But for whatever reason it is something that I always think about every time I get to a crazy fast moving water crossing, and I always drop into the mud holes real cautiously or avoid them haha.

Reactions: Bikermutt07
1 - 7 of 7 Posts