Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a couple members that have these GlobalMap 540C's. My question is, did your come with a cigarette lighter adapter?

My power cord is nothing like they show in the install instructions. :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey D.P.

My Baja 540c came with the cig lighter cord too. I saw the hardwire for around 30-35 on the web at numerous sights...It does show that the power should be switched by an auxilery switch, so it may be a good idea to add you another switch to that nice dash and have it for the GPS, then cut off the end of your power cord and wire it into a fuse block/fuse to the battery. Also, are you using an aux fuseblock??

I was thinking about using a painless sealed for mine...just like my truck has...easy to install, and really solid built... Couple bucks though... OR I may use circut breakers like the race trucks/buggies use... Push the button to reset...

Later!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears that they have repackaged the unit with the cig adapter...I actually called Lowrance and told them I needed the other cable and they sent it to me free of charge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ahhh!! I will call them tomorrow! I am going to use the cig for the Super Duty! Thanks for the info!

:wave:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what we are here for :good:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts