Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who all has 840's running stock carbs and what elevation are you at? cause im going to be getting an 840 and i ride at higher elevation 99% of the time, like 6000 feet to 10,000 feet. will the stock carbs even feed it or am i better of with a std bore?? any help will be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
People run that way at lower elevation.
I would think elevation would make it easier, as typically you are jetted down there.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
im hoping so cause i can get a 840 minus cam for $650 with jugs so thats the route i wanna go
We have a lot of guys in Ut,Co and Mt that run that high but they use the stage 2 cams for more torque.

Did you find out what pistons you are getting and how deep the valve pockets are? Also make sure you get the right head gaskets,you need bigger bore gaskets. 90MM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will be the muzzy bottom end kit ill have port work and probably +1.5 or +2 valves just need to find if the valve pockets will work with a stg3 cam

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
it will be the muzzy bottom end kit ill have port work and probably +1.5 or +2 valves just need to find if the valve pockets will work with a stg3 cam
I you mean it's Muzzys piston I have been told the valve pockets are not deep enough to run even my stage 2's let alone 3's. In fact they said the cams they were running it that kit were my old stage 1's that Web now sells #504 which made 5hp less then my 2's. I wouldn't spend money on port work if you are going to run that mild of a motor and you are not going big carbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts