Teryx HQ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone located a quick disconnect for the steering wheel yet for the Teryx?

I know some are awaiting adapters, but what about maybe a quick disconnet for the stock steering wheel right now?

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting thank you, and it acts as an adapter for Grant steering wheels.

Anyone running a quick disconnect, I think I know one other that runs one and it for some reason feels loose. I am sure that is not the norm though is it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
All the ones I have seen in the past have had a hexagon or octagon adapter that gets a little ware after awhile creating slop. This one looks to have splines.. might work well... I'm running their Teryx to grant adapter to Momo's 6 bolt adapter.. Works well not quick release however

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm I wonder if Momo has an adapter for the Teryx or if that would be the same route I would have to take...Teryx to Grant, Grant to Momo. I have been looking at the Trek as well, it is a nice wheel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No Momo dose not have the adapter.. I went Grant to Momo.. It's a real clean set up.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So then it would appear I could use the quick disconnect listed above, then the Momo adapter with that...or atleast I would think it could work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes it should work.. I think it will be just about and inch longer (higher) than stock

·
Registered
722 Posts
Interesting I like the looks off the aftermamket steering wheel and we all know they are more confortable. It will come down to steering wheel or gas guess we will wait and see lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey I just noticed that the quick release is a 5 hole wheel mount the Trek wheel is a 6 hole.. Just an FYI.. Before you buy.. It looks like you would need to use the Grant Fiber Series wheels.. (which are nice as well)

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm well there is one that I like, but it has horn buttons. Also, spoke to Grant, they are looking into making an adapter for the Teryx. I cannot imagine there is that much R&D that goes into an adapter is there?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is my set up

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good to me!!! Received a call from Grant, should have some more information next week so I will be sure to share any information I get :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No tilt yet give it a couple months I bet there will be one..

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SoCalKarts, so let me ask you this. Did the adapter change the angle or height of your steering wheel? How does the height of the wheel feel now with the lowered seats?

·
Registered
32 Posts
No hight difference with the adapter (maybe 1/4 inch) .. Now yes with the seat kit it would be nice to have tilt wheel... But the the overall feel is not bad and if you didn't know I had the seat bases in you would never feel the difference..

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well that is good to know...I am sure the tilt option is right around the corner waiting to jump out at us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts