Teryx HQ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put some doors on and I noticed that the stock grab bar on the outside of the seat is rubbing the inside of the door. I went to remove the bar and it looks like I have to pull the seat from the base. I went to unbolt the base at the 4 bolts underneath and as soon as I turned it, it let off a pretty big cracking sound. I stoped because I dont know how those things are held in and dont want to break the plastic on the bottom. Plus I thought it was weird that the bolts were painted green. Is this normally a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My stock seats when I tryed to remove the pans the nuts up in the pan turn I think out of 8 bolts only 3 of them would come out, I was able to get my latches off that was all I needed because I bought new lowering pans and seats but I guess I will have to cut the other bolts to remove the stock pans , seems like a poor design I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just put some doors on and I noticed that the stock grab bar on the outside of the seat is rubbing the inside of the door. I went to remove the bar and it looks like I have to pull the seat from the base. I went to unbolt the base at the 4 bolts underneath and as soon as I turned it, it let off a pretty big cracking sound. I stoped because I dont know how those things are held in and dont want to break the plastic on the bottom. Plus I thought it was weird that the bolts were painted green. Is this normally a pain in the butt.
My stock seats when I tryed to remove the pans the nuts up in the pan turn I think out of 8 bolts only 3 of them would come out, I was able to get my latches off that was all I needed because I bought new lowering pans and seats but I guess I will have to cut the other bolts to remove the stock pans , seems like a poor design I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem.
Some times the nut in the seat spins with the bolt. A highspeed 3/8's impact sometimes gets them out of there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I will leave them in there untill I get new seats. I guess I better start getting some prices on the T/S Vortex's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts