Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the weekend camping and riding at our ATV Club this past weekend. We have a 500' dragstrip there that is free to use at anytime. We were doing some play racing when a guy on a Outlander 800 showed up. Needless to say I was very interested to see how my FST 840 teryx would stack up against him. It was a pretty new one with a hmf pipe on it. We lined up, but had no flagger to start us, so we pretty much looked at each other and took off, i got the jump on him and had him by a good two lengths at 300', he starting to reel me in, but i got him by a few feet at 500'!! We lined up again, this time he wasted no time getting out of the hole! ;) I still had him good at 300' but he reeled me in and got me by a few feet at 500' Needless to say i was very happy with those results. He was full of questions afterwards!:D I dont think there is a stock quad made that would beat me in 300'! This thing just launches with the dalton orange/blue in it. I was running my 26" bighorn 2.0 at the time and had stock tires on. Sorry no video or pics, but he was telling me about a nearby track that runs a UTV class and lets them run against the 4x4 quads also, so ill be sure to get some when i go.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Spent the weekend camping and riding at our ATV Club this past weekend. We have a 500' dragstrip there that is free to use at anytime. We were doing some play racing when a guy on a Outlander 800 showed up. Needless to say I was very interested to see how my FST 840 teryx would stack up against him. It was a pretty new one with a hmf pipe on it. We lined up, but had no flagger to start us, so we pretty much looked at each other and took off, i got the jump on him and had him by a good two lengths at 300', he starting to reel me in, but i got him by a few feet at 500'!! We lined up again, this time he wasted no time getting out of the hole! ;) I still had him good at 300' but he reeled me in and got me by a few feet at 500' Needless to say i was very happy with those results. He was full of questions afterwards!:D I dont think there is a stock quad made that would beat me in 300'! This thing just launches with the dalton orange/blue in it. I was running my 26" bighorn 2.0 at the time and had stock tires on. Sorry no video or pics, but he was telling me about a nearby track that runs a UTV class and lets them run against the 4x4 quads also, so ill be sure to get some when i go.
I've run a remegade at a 500ft track... I ran an 8.5 and he run a 7.9. Stock carbs with trail cams.

Cams I had laying around when i built this motor and have been planning upgrading later but now this makes me want to do it sooner.

How much did the roller clutch help you out champ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think the roller helped any on acceleration. I also have the machined clutch but again I dont see much of an improvement other than topend and smoother operation, although it does come of the line better. I have a flat spot around 30 mph when i hit the throttle now, didnt have it before i had the clutch done, but i also changed springs, so some more testing needs done. But im very happy on my drag race results. BTW, im also running stock carbs.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Thats what ray does and good luck ever getting parts from him.
It's no problem for his customers to get parts,they come to me all the time. :laugh:You can sell from a empty shelf.;) I think you may know some of them. They call, and their order goes out the next day.

·
Registered
266 Posts

I am also running the FST 840 with Vforce machined clutch. But John installed the amber spring for my dune/sand trail riding. So I am wondering what is the difference with the different springs? I also have the 26" bighorn 2.0 and stock carbs.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I am also running the FST 840 with Vforce machined clutch. But John installed the amber spring for my dune/sand trail riding. So I am wondering what is the difference with the different springs? I also have the 26" bighorn 2.0 and stock carbs.
From my feed back everyone likes the orange / blue spring better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
From my feed back everyone likes the orange / blue spring better.
Hey Mickey,
I was just wondering how will the car change using the amber vs orange & blue spring? Does one spring vs the other give you better tire spin?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Todd, I've talked to you before on KR and have always found you to be a good guy and straight shooter, but I am having trouble with this post. Are you sure this wasn't an outy 500 with 800 stickers? I own an 08 Teryx. I have owned a few Outy 800s. Heck I even have a FST 800 V-Force. I really struggle to believe that an 840 Teryx w stock carbs ran anywhere near a stock 800 canam, let alone a piped one.

If I'm off base here guys tell me, but is anybody else struggling with this?

Todd- by no means am I calling you a liar, just wonder if something wasn't what it seemed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now we should build you a std bore so you could beat him by 10 cars in 300 feet,and 20 at 500!:laugh:
Funny Mickey, I never said our std bore kit in a rex would beat an outlander by 10 cars in 300ft. Actualy with our 90HP UTK kit just bolted together with stk heads and carbs in a stk rex you'll run 6.1's in 300ft which is about the same as an outlander 800, with our 100HP Trail/race kit (same thing just bolted together) you get a couple lengths and a couple tenths on the outlander.
Who out runs who after 300ft depends on clutch setup and rev limter. A little bit of overdrive and a 10,000RPM rev limter and our std bore rex will keep pulling away from an outlander, with a stk clutch and a 9200RPM rev limiter our std bore hits 64MPH radar (72-73MPH speedo) inside of 400ft and the outlander will catch and pass it.

Clueless, Chase doesn't have stk carbs.
Ray

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hm

Chase? Take it thats xchamp? If so he already stated that he has stock carbs.

Its not hard to believe at all on an 840... I'm 6 tenths of a second behind a renegade with my 820 and a renegade is faster than an outlander especially through 500ft with small cams. These cams are considerably slower than the stage 3's that mickey offers or the XX that glenn offers. They do make good torque on the bottom but they just don't pull as strong as others when in the RPM.

Stock outty's are slow compared to built brutes/vforces. Its well known that these bikes also make a lot of torque which also helps move these big bastards.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Todd, I've talked to you before on KR and have always found you to be a good guy and straight shooter, but I am having trouble with this post. Are you sure this wasn't an outy 500 with 800 stickers? I own an 08 Teryx. I have owned a few Outy 800s. Heck I even have a FST 800 V-Force. I really struggle to believe that an 840 Teryx w stock carbs ran anywhere near a stock 800 canam, let alone a piped one.

Todd- by no means am I calling you a liar, just wonder if something wasn't what it seemed.
Todd is just reporting what he did and what he seen. Who knows,maybe the guy was jetted wrong:confused:Or maybe it was a bad ass fast Can-Am,the point is no one knows. Just like anyone would ,Todd just stated what he knows and what happen.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Funny Mickey, I never said our std bore kit in a rex would beat an outlander by 10 cars in 300ft. Actualy with our 90HP UTK kit just bolted together with stk heads and carbs in a stk rex you'll run 6.1's in 300ft which is about the same as an outlander 800, with our 100HP Trail/race kit (same thing just bolted together) you get a couple lengths and a couple tenths on the outlander.
Who out runs who after 300ft depends on clutch setup and rev limter. A little bit of overdrive and a 10,000RPM rev limter and our std bore rex will keep pulling away from an outlander, with a stk clutch and a 9200RPM rev limiter our std bore hits 64MPH radar (72-73MPH speedo) inside of 400ft and the outlander will catch and pass it.

Clueless, Chase doesn't have stk carbs.
Ray
I never said "Ray said" anything, I pulled those numbers out of my ass.The point is nothing ever gets proven,it's always you spouting off numbers,and I just showed how easy that is to do. It's a joke and a warning not to get hung up on some numbers someone post on the net. as a truth. This post was nothing more then what Todd did this weekend,it proves nothing but what he did at that track,that day against that Can-Am. That is all he knows.I alway read stuff and think about what could be happening,was the track slick and the guy couldn't hook up? Could the guy even ride? There are so many facts we don't know about anything on the net. I am just saying until something is tested back to back,same day,same dyno,same track,same tires same same same ect. ect. DON'T TAKE IT FOR FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you this about Todd,he had no other motive to post what he did,it was nothing more then what he had happen this past weekend.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

LOL clueless! No smoke and mirrors here or dancing shoes! It was an Outy 800 with an HMF pipe, works shocks, and stock appering tires/wheels. Thats all i can tell you about it. The guy has drag raced before and has done quite well according to him. In fact his wife had a Renegade 800 that he was beating, so yeah it was a good running Outy!! It was a dry hard packed drag strip. No lights, no starter, just look at eachother and nail it. At 300' I had him covered no problem, from 300-500 he began to reel me in and would be about even at 500'. Thats all i can tell you. As far as how a FST 840 teryx runs with stock carbs, dalton clutch, VFJ Clutch, Muzzy pipes and a VDI, it is very impressive. You should know as well as anyone it takes the whole package. Would it run better with FCR's, hell yeah, but im prob. going to sell this one soon and have mickey build me an EFI teryx. NO BS with me! I just need to get a helmet cam and learn how to post vids.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts