Teryx HQ banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone do this yet?

any way to hook this up easy like on the Rhinos?

can you use a Relay ????

85-ground
86-switch
87-to fan wire
30-12v power

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have it all figured out. Very simple. You will have to remove the hood to access the dash.

I have a light that comes on whenever the fan is on plus a switch to run the fan whenever the switch is on. I ran a seperate power from my aux fuse block that I installed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have it all figured out. Very simple. You will have to remove the hood to access the dash.

I have a light that comes on whenever the fan is on plus a switch to run the fan whenever the switch is on. I ran a seperate power from my aux fuse block that I installed.
Any Pics?? :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thats fine- the whole car is apart getting built up. what wires do i tap into?

i dont need an indicator light thou- im sure i can hear it running when i stop.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very easy... If you look under the hood on the top left side of the radiator you'll see the fan switch with two wires going to it... Tie into each wire and run to a switch when you close the two wires together the fan will come on... The only time the fan won't come on is if the fan relay is bad under the seat.(Do away with this and clamp a fuse and you'll never have a problem btw)

The fan will also work normally this way also.

·
Registered
339 Posts
thats fine- the whole car is apart getting built up. what wires do i tap into?

i dont need an indicator light thou- im sure i can hear it running when i stop.
I appoligize, there has been a lot going on around here getting ready for the dune season.

I pull power from an aux power and then tap into the blue wire at the fan plug. If you don't want to tap into an aux power and have an 08 then pull power from your + wire going into the sending unit in the radiator. I have yet to check the 09 since it doesn't have the sending unit in the radiator I don't know the wire color without looking at my car.

It is good to have a lighted switch to know when the fan comes on while your running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the hood off to install a water temp and fuel gauge and wondering if I should add the fan override. My question is why is this necessary? Doesn't the fan kick on whenever the water temp gets to a certain temp?

·
Registered
235 Posts
When the Polaris sportsman quads first came out they were having issues with the temp sensor and this was a common mod on those. It is nice to have the reassurance your fan is running in certains spots.

I also did this on my Raptor for climbing hills and duning or when I was really working it. I had my fan hooked up to my high beam switch along with my HID's and my HID's only on the low side of the switch. It worked great!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts