Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My teryx came with XTR 27's and I never thought anymore about it. After doing some reading on the internet I found out that these tires are radials instead of reglular bias ply. I run these tires at 3lbs in front and 4lbs in the back and they still don't have much buldge out the sides. I find this unit to be smoother then my quads have been(Grizzly with Swamp lites 27's-current) and am wondering if it is because these tires are Radials? Is there any other benifits to radial tires on an ATV?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have heard that radial tires produce a better ride than the other. That is about as much as I can comment and I am not a tire whiz. Hopefully so other more educated on the subject can chime it for you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I believe better ride and maybe puncture resistant.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure about puncture resistent. I have XTRs and already one flat, and a slow leak in another, and only have 15 hours. Thorn trees is the problem. I used a Rhino with 589s, for awhile, and right now, I'd say the 589s are tougher, but the XTRs ride better.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Radials ride better due to radial design. They are more expensive and have less tread depth so they wear out sooner. Since they flex more so traction is enhanced.

Bias last longer due to deeper tread, a LOT cheaper. Seem to be more puncture resistant due to more plys. Ride rougher even when aired down.

Just my opinion. Not enough testing to give complete and absolute answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts