Teryx HQ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i saw a thread some time ago about ppl cutting holes in there hood to access radiator cap but i cant find it. I wanna do this and would like to see some pics of how ppl are covering the holes. I dont really wanna use a gas cap door and was thinking of some kind of rubber plug but havent been able to locate anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used one of the access caps in the floorboard (costs about 6.00 maybe) and used a hole saw to cut the hole out. Takes all of about 10 minutes to do. I'm not up on posting pictures but if you want to see how I did it, PM me with your cell # and I'll text it to you. I've been working on it today putting new rear wheel bearings in and trying to figure out how to get the rear drive shaft out so I can change out the engine side seal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used one of the access caps in the floorboard (costs about 6.00 maybe) and used a hole saw to cut the hole out. Takes all of about 10 minutes to do. I'm not up on posting pictures but if you want to see how I did it, PM me with your cell # and I'll text it to you. I've been working on it today putting new rear wheel bearings in and trying to figure out how to get the rear drive shaft out so I can change out the engine side seal.
Cool, that'll work for me, no pic needed, take the circlip off the shaft then slide the shaft back toward diff. , this should give u enough room to pop it off, actually I think I pried motor a lil to gain more clearance. I think there is a boot over the circlip you gotta slide outta the way. I can't remember if the shaft slides coward or back but pretty sure its back.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know i saw a thread some time ago about ppl cutting holes in there hood to access radiator cap but i cant find it. I wanna do this and would like to see some pics of how ppl are covering the holes. I dont really wanna use a gas cap door and was thinking of some kind of rubber plug but havent been able to locate anything.
Not to sound short ... but WHAT? People are cutting holes in their hoods for this? I just used a piece of rubber hose and a funnel. Got a little spillage on the floor but not much. Shouldn't be going through coolant so fast that it needs "quick access". Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
That was kind of what I thought Big Papa, I can reach my cap pretty easy and I will just deal with it but my friend cut a small hole in his hood. I seen one guy cut like a hood in his hood, what ever makes a man happy, I am sure I do a lot of things that people think I am crazy for but its mine and makes me happy thats all that counts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts