Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their Teryx in for the recall yet? My dealer has the part in, but I've been too busy to get it in. If I understand right all they replace is a ground wire for the carb. heater. Can't see it being that big of deal unless you live in alaska.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't had time to take mine in for the recall either. I disconnected the carb heater wires and ran another ground from the battery to the frame for the time being.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I had the service done on mine, took the dealer 1.0 hours, or so- that's what it said in my invoice, personally I didn't know what the recall was about? Possible shorting out and frying something probably, maybe somebody can tell us.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I have not had the recall done either...been too busy.

I will likely get it in one of these days though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I called the dealer, and he wanted me to bring it in so it could get 'in line' for the service....said it would take a couple of days. beg pardon??? let me make an appointment, I'll be there unload the Teryx you do the work...and I'm off. They don't work that way. So.........I said give me the instructions and the wire...I'll do it. That didn't work either. The recall is something I will not have the dealer do.

I've asked here and elsewhere....what are the instructions for doing it. It cannot be that hard to do and I can't imagine it taking more than 15 minutes or so.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It can't be that big of a deal , my dealer said bring it by and 30-45 minutes should be all it takes. I tried to get them to let me do it to, but no dice. From what I understand all they do is replace a ground wire. Yeah, letting them have it for a couple of days seems extreme
I'm going to try and get mine in next week, and I'll let you know what it consists of.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the recall done on mine. Took it in, they took it straight back, and it couldn't have taken more than 15-20 mins and I was out of there. The tech told me if was a very simple fix, just remove the engine cover and swap it out, no bigge. But we all know how dealers are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yah, since it's a factory recall, they probably make out pretty well with each one they do. I'm planning on having mine done during 20 hr service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts