Teryx HQ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Red River, NM and taking two Teryx to ride the trails. Has anyone taken a Teryx on the trails there? I have been looking for a trail map to plan our rides and can't find anything online, does anyone have a map of the area? I took a Big Red three wheeler and a Honda TRX 200 there in 1983 and it was a blast. Things have changed a lot I'm sure.
I have a long travel, I figure if I have to I will stay on the jeep trails.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Some guys i know just got back. They had a blast. They took a ranger, rzr-s, and rzr. They had no problem on the trails. I would think you could get around just fine. The ranger and rzr-s are just as wide or wider than we are. Even with a long travel set up you should be ok. They had a blast and the weather was perfect. Have fun and take some pictures and share how it was. I will ask them if they brought trail maps back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going to Red River, NM and taking two Teryx to ride the trails. Has anyone taken a Teryx on the trails there? I have been looking for a trail map to plan our rides and can't find anything online, does anyone have a map of the area? I took a Big Red three wheeler and a Honda TRX 200 there in 1983 and it was a blast. Things have changed a lot I'm sure.
I have a long travel, I figure if I have to I will stay on the jeep trails.

Thanks for any input.
Hello from Oklahoma. I just took mine up there 2 weeks ago. Ived had mine up there four times. Go to the shamrock station there in town and they have trail maps you can buy. I love riding there. Go up to Goose lake, old red river pass, greene peek to name a few.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
map of Red River OHV area

We just got back from Red River, NM. It was a blast riding in the mountains. We went up to Greene Peak and Goose Lake with our rides. We had my 08 Teryx, a 09 Teryx and 08 700 rhino. We all lost some power as we went higher in elavation, but not enough to keep from climbing any trail we came across. We were above 10,000 feet toward the top. The trails were not to challenging. We didn't go up Fourth of July trail, but spoke with a couple that had 2 Can Am 800 that said it was the hardest trail they rode. I tried to attach a trail map for those thinking about going. I would suggest taking a handheld GPS to check your location. It can be a little confusing when deciding which trail to take when all you can see are mountains and trees. I would rate the Greene Peak trail as a 3-5 on difficulty and Goose Lake trail a 3

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
We just got back from Red River, NM. It was a blast riding in the mountains. We went up to Greene Peak and Goose Lake with our rides. We had my 08 Teryx, a 09 Teryx and 08 700 rhino. We all lost some power as we went higher in elavation, but not enough to keep from climbing any trail we came across. We were above 10,000 feet toward the top. The trails were not to challenging. We didn't go up Fourth of July trail, but spoke with a couple that had 2 Can Am 800 that said it was the hardest trail they rode. I tried to attach a trail map for those thinking about going. I would suggest taking a handheld GPS to check your location. It can be a little confusing when deciding which trail to take when all you can see are mountains and trees. I would rate the Greene Peak trail as a 3-5 on difficulty and Goose Lake trail a 3
Do you have there web page by any chance. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you guys stay at? Planning a trip up there in the fall.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a picture of "Beth's Cabin" we rented from Red River Realty. The cabin was right across the rode from where you can take the trails up to Greene Peak, it was really handy. The cabin was great and had plenty of parking. I did talk to others that said 4th of July Trail was a lot harder.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red River Pics

Here are some pics of our ride up to Greene Peak. As you can tell the trails aren't that tough. There are some steep climbs with a wash down the middle, but I just stayed in the throttle and made it fine. Hope you can enjoy the pics, we loved it.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks nice and cool!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an o8 model with a dynatek cdi and just the tip takend out and it did fine. I have just the tpi valves installed and with just one opened up it made a world of diff. But basically no prob even up at goose lake at 11000.00 ft. It ran a little rich before i put the tpi valves on but didnt do to bad. Still outran my friends new prowler 700 xtx and my other friends rhino 700 lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Let us know the next time you guys go out there might have to meet up with you. Some of the guys here from Enid, OK went out but I wasn't able to go. Looks like a cool place.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So your '08 did alright at that elevation? I've got an '08 also and was wondering if i needed to rejet.
I had plenty of power and it ran fine. I was in low range to keep the rpms up and help going down hill since I don't have an engine brake. I had a friend with a stock 09 that lost power as well, but he just ran in low range and it did fine as well. I opened up both TPI valves to help with the jetting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts