Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced slide on 08, now its really rich

I had a torn diaphragm on the front carb, it wasnt even moving, took it apart and relaced the slide. While I was at it, I set bth Idle Air screws to 2 turns out, put the c-clips on the needles to 2nd position (they were already there) added two washers to the top (the rear had one washer on the bottom of the c-clip, the front had two in the right place). I also filled the main hole on the slide with JBWeld and drilled two small holes with a 5/64" on each side of the old hole. Made sure the plastic piece wasnt obstructing.
Now its super rich, as in burns my eyes from exhaust.
Did I miss something? I didnt mess with the main Jets that have been in there for years. I cant see why drilling the vac holes open would cause me t go down in size on the jets that much.
thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I had a torn diaphragm on the front carb, it wasnt even moving, took it apart and relaced the slide. While I was at it, I set bth Idle Air screws to 2 turns out, put the c-clips on the needles to 2nd position (they were already there) added two washers to the top (the rear had one washer on the bottom of the c-clip, the front had two in the right place). I also filled the main hole on the slide with JBWeld and drilled two small holes with a 5/64" on each side of the old hole. Made sure the plastic piece wasnt obstructing.
Now its super rich, as in burns my eyes from exhaust.
Did I miss something? I didnt mess with the main Jets that have been in there for years. I cant see why drilling the vac holes open would cause me t go down in size on the jets that much.
thanks
Make sure it is opening too and you don't have a leak around the diaphragm. Why did you fill the stock hole and drill two more?

Most important, how does it run?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was pretty careful to check for leaks around the diaphragm. I can check again.
They were both moving with the plenum off.
I drilled them and polished hoping to get better throttle response.
I have an 840 kit in it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a chance to get a quick run in just now. Seems to be running really good at part throttle and WOT. Its popping on Decel though. Its also stalling If I let it idle for 3 minutes.
I wonder if I should remove the two washers on the needle?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was pretty careful to check for leaks around the diaphragm. I can check again.
They were both moving with the plenum off.
I drilled them and polished hoping to get better throttle response.
I have an 840 kit in it.
this setup works great. there is a very detailed write upon the other forum on this mod. alot of good advice too...

Open Filter Carb Tuning - Kawasaki Teryx Forum

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I got a chance to get a quick run in just now. Seems to be running really good at part throttle and WOT. Its popping on Decel though. Its also stalling If I let it idle for 3 minutes.
I wonder if I should remove the two washers on the needle?
The washers go on top of needle and do NOT remove them, will make it worse and will allow needle to move,.

Popping on decel is caused only by a lean condition either by not enough fuel thru pilot circuit which I doubt, exhaust leak possible or a straight thru exhaust with no baflle sucking air back in

Main jets and needle positions will not have a effect on this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts