Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory battery has crapped out and not wanting to pay the $100 they want for it. What are my options? What can I replace it with from autozone or o reillys?

·
Registered
260 Posts
find an odyssey 925, lighter and way more battery than stock p.o.s. a little pricey though. or go to interstate batteries, they have a better replacement for less $$

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
find an odyssey 925, lighter and way more battery than stock p.o.s. a little pricey though. or go to interstate batteries, they have a better replacement for less $$
Would you happen to know the model number of the interstate or the factory dimensions by chance?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would you happen to know the model number of the interstate or the factory dimensions by chance?
according to the interstate website and if it the same one that fits the rzr

CYTX20HL-BS
Cycle-Tron II High Performance - 310 CCA - 18 AH

or

FAYTX20HL
Cycle-Tron Plus High Performance - 310 CCA - 18 AH

·
Registered
668 Posts
Here's a couple other posts

The PC925 works great, you just need to goto an autoparts store and get longer battery holddowns (threaded rod with the little hook at the end). I think it was around 10" that you need. Stock is too short.
Hey DP,
I have the Odessey 1200 in my rig and it works and fits excellent. I did have to get longer hold downs bolts to keep it in place. I also moved one of the corner brackets at the base of the battery . But a very simple install. The 1200 is a bit bigger and heavier than the 925but I wanted the extra juice because I am running my HID's direct and not through the ignition. My buddies are running the 925 in their rhino's because the smaller size fits in their battery box with no complaints.

·
Registered
282 Posts
odessey 925 all the way...spend the 6 bucks to get the longer tie downs...works perfect!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Factory battery has crapped out and not wanting to pay the $100 they want for it. What are my options? What can I replace it with from autozone or o reillys?
I stuck a deep cycle blue top from Autozone in mine $59 Just pull all the mounting brackets out of the bottom of your box.Get some after market battery I bolts(they have them as well) Ram that baby in there are you are off to the races. The extra weight does not bother me. I like having the extra cap for my winch lights and stereo.It solved all my problems :wave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up getting a factory battery again for the time being. Couldn't locate anything close and had no time to wait on the shipment. After tactfully discussing with the dealer, from whom I have purchased several machines since they opened, I got a much better deal. I will be in the near future adding a better system to aid with my winch and lights I am installing after this weekend trip to the deer lease.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder how much the factory battery has as far as cold cranking amps go ???
The stock battery has 275 Cranking Amps / 230 Cold Cranking Amps, at least that's what mine had in it. Changed mine out for a Duralast 1000 Cranking Amp / 800 Cold Cranking Amp. Would post a picture but can't post pictures on this site for some reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts