Teryx HQ banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and (if there is one or two of you) gals, I need some opinions here. I am about to purchase some new pitbulls, but am unsure of which way to go. I am leaning towards the 26.5 x 11 x 14 rockers but need to make sure I get the right tire as they will be the last set I buy for awhile. I ride a bit of everything and am wondering if the growlers would be just as good as the rockers or are they more mud specific? I am also unsure if I really want to go 11's all around or would 10's be a better choice. 10's would be a bit lighter but won't provide as much flotation as the 11's, although I am not sure how much flotaion a 1800lb unit gets no matter what tire is used. I would appreciate any feedback from people running either of these two tires. Thanks in advance. Jeremy

·
Registered
214 Posts
tomanytoysnotnuftime,

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Rocker or the Growler. They both have excellent rubber compound for long life. I have a friend that has over 2500 extremely hard miles on a set of Rockers and has just worn the tread down to where the tops of the lugs are flat without the indentation.

I have tested both and they are very similar. If you ride in mud quite a bit you may want to go with the Growlers as the siping helps them clean slightly better.

Both tires run larger. Keep in mind they come in half sizes. You may want to stay with the 10's.

Here is a photo from one of our overnight trips last fall with the Pit Bull Rockers on a Teryx that was loaded.

We carry both tires and would be glad to help.

Here is a link to them:
Pit Bull tires for car & light truck

·
Registered
18 Posts
rocker tires

Get the 25.5x10r12 because they will robb you of 5 to 10 MPH from stock tires. These are GREAT tires I have the rockers for use on the farm and playing in the desert. They have a great ride to them. I have over 1000 miles on them and very little wear. I am VERY happey with these tires.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pic's we need pic's.:good:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cool. I think I'm going to get the 26.5 9's all the way around. I haven't done my clutch yet but I'm thinking I might do the Vforce John Mod Stage 3 to offset the loss of power because of the weight.

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the 27.5 x 11 x 14 growlers all around. I know they are big and heavy but I need max flotation where I ride. I wanted the Rockers, but they don't come in the 27.5" size.
I like em. They seem to always get traction no matter how bad the ground conditions are. I only have one weekend of riding on them so far but they should do good for me. It took 6 weeks of waiting and $220.00/ each to buy them but I am happy now that I have them. Here are a few pics of my machine with them on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
What brand winch mount bumper is that and where did you get it? I really want one but have only found the EMP. I don't like not having options! LOL

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like you had a ball but i sure am glad i don't have to clean that machine.

It looks like you got the right tire for your rig.
They are definatley the right tire. Good tread, wide and tough. As far as cleaning the machine these pics are from the first ride, i have another 3 days of mud on top of that mud. :D:D Nothing a 3000psi pressure washer, a few pops and 3 or 4 hours won't fix.

What brand winch mount bumper is that and where did you get it? I really want one but have only found the EMP. I don't like not having options! LOL
That is the EMP winch bumper. Warn makes one like it, a little better but more money.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went with the 27.5 x 11 x 14 growlers all around. I know they are big and heavy but I need max flotation where I ride. I wanted the Rockers, but they don't come in the 27.5" size.
I like em. They seem to always get traction no matter how bad the ground conditions are. I only have one weekend of riding on them so far but they should do good for me. It took 6 weeks of waiting and $220.00/ each to buy them but I am happy now that I have them. Here are a few pics of my machine with them on it.
Hey,

Rig looks sweet. I really like the look of the tires. So by the looks of the pics I see you run mud as well. How did they clean? Just got my hands on a set of 28" laws and added a 3" Gorilla lift. What a difference in the mud. I see that you run bead locks. I ended up taking two tires of the bead this weekend. I run steelies but this is the first time I've really had trouble with them coming off the bead. I must admit I think it might be tied to the tires. Never had issues on the executioners.

Attachments

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I do indeed run mud, but am seriously thinking about stopping, I just finished washing my machine after the long weekend 4.5 hours to get it acceptable:( (just kidding, that would be rediculous). The tires work great, they clean very well and have awesome traction. There is hardly a need for wheel speed, they just seem to grip and go. The beadlocks were another item that I had wanted for a long time and one day when I was in buying some tires the man made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a set of five T-7's. I have blown a bead about 6 times and always at the most inoportune times and it seems to always be the rear tires, so they were a neccesity. You should have alook at the 30" outlaw radial it is a pretty sweet looking tire, I am thinking I might need them on my other machine some day. How is the gorrilla lift, I am thinking about putting a lift on my machine with the 3" mid travel kit to get better clearance along with the travel and articulation the CST kit gives me. Lets see some pics of your unit in it's element. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
vid

Here is a video of the family couple of weeks ago with just the tires on lift had not been put on yet.

Second one is my wife taking my baby in the middle of a pretty deep gravel pit with a bunch of our buddies egging her on to go deeper.

·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I just ordered my Rockers! Woohooo can't wait...expensive here in Canada! wow
My 27.5 x 11 x 14 growlers cost me $1160.00 for five, where did you order yours and how much?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got mine from National4wd, they can ship anywhere in Canada I believe...they are an hour away from me in Fredericton, NB. Got 4 26.5x9x12 Rockers for $650. They are probably right around that same mark as you paid.

National 4WD Centres

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks, I did check you guys out but it was $100-$200 more for the growlers from what I was quoted...I didn't see Rockers on the website.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Shanny 55, No problem. You are going to love the PitBull Growlers. For your terrain they will do better than the Rockers.

Keep in mind next time we guarantee the lowest delivered price on the internet. You may be able to find it locally for less because of the tax and duties. We have a link in our signature to click if you find a lower price. We will beat it.

Make sure to post up photos and a review of the new tires when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts