Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice towards my upcoming tire purchase.
I ride mostly hard park trails with a mix of all the other elements at times ie. roots, sand and mud. I also am looking forward to riding in the snow this winter too. I also cruise the Pavement at times ;-)
Just looking for some tire advice. I've narrowed it down to rockers and reptiles, but am also open to other suggestions too. I'm currently torn between running my 12" sport rims vs. ITP 14's as well.
All suggestions/thoughts are welcome :)

Thank you and Happy Holidays,
Kelly

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was in the same boat and went with the rockers and am very pleased with them, i ride in same conditions and am very impressed with them in all conditions except for road, road seems to wear them pretty fast and they dont handle very well on-road, but i really dont expect them to, i recomended the reptiles for my buddy on his grizzly and they seem like they do really well but seem like they have more sidewall flex than rockers and they are less $ i like 12" opposed to 14" just for simple fact that there is more rubber to take damage opposed to rim taking the hits since i ride in kinda rough conditions. They fit on the stock sport rims just fine. Hope this helps

·
Registered
311 Posts
Go with the growlers better than the other two & work very well here in wv-ky. Also ride super smooth bite good and clean out well. 1300 miles on mine and still in very good shape. Reptiles wear fast. Sport rims work well,and you already have them.lol !2 in for sure 14 sidewall pinch very easy. several people have rocker son there rzrs don't like them very well. The pit bull are a little heavy but worth it. I went 27.5 x 9 all around saves some unsprung weight. My 2 cents

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies...

After reading more about the growlers, I am now leaning towards them as it sounds like they're better in snow and mud than the reptiles and rockers.
I'm now undecided as to go w/26.5x9 on all four, or run 26.5x11 on the rear. Is there really that much of a weight difference?
How different is the acceleration/handling with the taller tires?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Next time im goin with nines all the way around, ppl say the rex will steer better without the wider tires in back trying to push it thru turns, plus if u wanna carry a spare or rotate your tires it just seems to make since, i notice weight of rockers most when running in 4*4 but the durability of pitbulls are worth the trade off imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts