Teryx HQ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of doing an engine swap, and was wondering if those rubber pads are needed, especially the one under the throttle bodies. I assume they are to help keep engine heat out of the cockpit. Anyone remove them and have any excess heat?

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 08 model doesn't have them and sure wish it did ... lots of heat and dust coming up between the seats and engine cover

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an 08 and upgraded to the rubber heat shields. They are a pain to work on the engine with but do really help keep the heat out of the cab. I took mine off during the winter but last weekend found out it is getting warmer so will be putting them back on before the next ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After doing a bit of research on the forum, I read about a guy that used Dynomat on the inside of the plastic engine covers to contain the heat. I have mine off right now because we are swapping engines and have some Dynomat left over from a hot rod project I recently finished up. I think I will give it a try.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I lined my bed and all the inside of the plastics with dynomat or similar material. It was fine for a few years but finally came unglued. The stuff under the bed stayed mostly but the ones on the plastic have mostly fallen off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts